The Student Room Group

How to work PM on TSR

Hi,
Please can someone tell me how to unlock PM on this i cannot work technology
Original post by hriwksndjeiwibd
Hi,
Please can someone tell me how to unlock PM on this i cannot work technology

When you tried to PM did you see an error message? Did you read that error message? What did it say? Have you done what it said?
Original post by DataVenia
When you tried to PM did you see an error message? Did you read that error message? What did it say? Have you done what it said?

it says I need to get more involved in the community to be able to PM, though I thought I had done all that I needed to
is there a certain number of responses I have to send first in threads?
it says I need to get more involved in the community to be able to PM, though I thought I had done all that I needed to

Yeah, it's an awful error message to be fair. I've complained about in multiple occasions. That's why I asked what it said - to see if they'd changed it yet. It seems not.

What the message neglects to tell you (and which is essential to know) is that your right to PM is only set overnight - at midnight. From looking at your join date and post history, it seems like you would have only met the criteria earlier today. So you won't get the right to PM until we're past midnight.

Hopefully it'll be good then. :crossedf:

Please report back on this thread either way.
Original post by DataVenia
Yeah, it's an awful error message to be fair. I've complained about in multiple occasions. That's why I asked what it said - to see if they'd changed it yet. It seems not.

What the message neglects to tell you (and which is essential to know) is that your right to PM is only set overnight - at midnight. From looking at your join date and post history, it seems like you would have only met the criteria earlier today. So you won't get the right to PM until we're past midnight.

Hopefully it'll be good then. :crossedf:

Please report back on this thread either way.

ahhhh thank you!

You’ve probably only made enough posts today so it hasn’t unlocked yet. Explained here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7331281

Quick Reply

Latest