The Student Room Group

wish i could turn back time.. and have went to a different a level school

this is just a chat/rant but like ahhhh so much **** in my life is happening rn bc i was not in the right mind during my a levels. was sent to another continent after being ripped from my local school and was to fend on my own in a *****y school with miniscule support for anyone who didnt think and process things how they wanted where i was socially isolated for 2 years and sent to live with *****y family 'friend' to *****y amily 'frend' and back to school to work with crap classmates and i was up to my eyes in ****, anxiety and bundles of other issues to try building relationships with possibly nicer people still kicking myself for that tho its slightly lesser as time passed. i just hate how i missed the chance to build social skills and **** during my crucial years i guess?. graduated from there with the skin of my teeth and mercy i think and i look back and wish i went anywe+heeerreee else but i was too shellshocked with the move and dicey situation with my family, to think transfering was an option at the time. then to a university which was nice, not my top 3 choices but ended up being good and i may not even graduate from here, with my first year being **** bc i was still reeling from a level **** and ahhhh. I really hope a time comes in my life where my mental and academic state during my a levels becomes irrelevant but now it just suckss so ahh if anyone read this, if your school sucks just tell your parents even if they berate you endlessly for whatever wasted, just try ahhh. Life sucks rn but i have to keep a straight face and be my own light since all the adults around me are just gonna hate and berate me even more ahhh
Original post by CallmeShoba
this is just a chat/rant but like ahhhh so much **** in my life is happening rn bc i was not in the right mind during my a levels. was sent to another continent after being ripped from my local school and was to fend on my own in a *****y school with miniscule support for anyone who didnt think and process things how they wanted where i was socially isolated for 2 years and sent to live with *****y family 'friend' to *****y amily 'frend' and back to school to work with crap classmates and i was up to my eyes in ****, anxiety and bundles of other issues to try building relationships with possibly nicer people still kicking myself for that tho its slightly lesser as time passed. i just hate how i missed the chance to build social skills and **** during my crucial years i guess?. graduated from there with the skin of my teeth and mercy i think and i look back and wish i went anywe+heeerreee else but i was too shellshocked with the move and dicey situation with my family, to think transfering was an option at the time. then to a university which was nice, not my top 3 choices but ended up being good and i may not even graduate from here, with my first year being **** bc i was still reeling from a level **** and ahhhh. I really hope a time comes in my life where my mental and academic state during my a levels becomes irrelevant but now it just suckss so ahh if anyone read this, if your school sucks just tell your parents even if they berate you endlessly for whatever wasted, just try ahhh. Life sucks rn but i have to keep a straight face and be my own light since all the adults around me are just gonna hate and berate me even more ahhh

It's never too late to build the social skills. And it's great that you were able to graduate despite the situation. Have you spoken to anyone about this which might help you process the events that happened before. Life sucks at the moment but also what are you going to do to make it better? You don't want to keep thinking in this mindset because then it's bad for your mental state so make a plan, what can you do to make it better. Whether it be hobbies, with friends etc, societies.

Quick Reply

Latest