The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse Human Biology May 2017

Hey guys, I just did my human biology paper 1 yesterday and I really would like to check my answers. If anyone can help me by at least telling me their answers or providing me with an unofficial marking scheme. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

Hi I did it too! Any questions in particular? Do you think any of those topics will come for paper 2
Reply 2
I'm predicting that diseases will definitely be there in paper 2 cause there wasn't much about it in paper 1: and yeah I wanna ask about the last question if you can remember your answers just tell me. I screwed up that question I guess.
it was a 'mutation.' where the Cytosine(or guanine i forgot) 'base' was 'deleted'
Original post by nadaxjohn
I'm predicting that diseases will definitely be there in paper 2 cause there wasn't much about it in paper 1: and yeah I wanna ask about the last question if you can remember your answers just tell me. I screwed up that question I guess.
yeah a wordy 8 marker get ready with HIV and Malaria imo. what was your answer for obsesity q and prevents pathogen entry placenta or amniotic fluid?
PREDICTIONS:
DISEASE
KIDNEYS
SKIN
DIGESTION
HEART
Reply 5
Also the genetic diagram and stuff what did you write?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
How was the paper as an overall?
What did you write for:
1) why vaccines should be tested?
2) the order of mitosis process
3) why there's a small increase in glucose level after a meal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
no side effects/Resistance/ actually work??
glucogen is released from pancreas converts glycogen to glucose
i and a few others did not think prophase came up but some said it did 50/50 i think metaphase(centre) anaphase (middle) telophase is the order (splits 2)
How was the paper as an overall?
What did you write for:
1) why vaccines should be tested?
2) the order of mitosis process
3) why there's a small increase in glucose level after a meal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah even I didn't write prophase the stages I put stage A telophase stage B metaphase and stage C anaphase and I wrote the same answers for the vaccines as you did so I'm glad

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did you say for the water level
Original post by foxylemons
no side effects/Resistance/ actually work??
glucogen is released from pancreas converts glycogen to glucose
i and a few others did not think prophase came up but some said it did 50/50 i think metaphase(centre) anaphase (middle) telophase is the order (splits 2)
Reply 10
It increases because you need to remove carbon dioxide

Posted from TSR Mobile
For Vaccines, I said whether it works respective of age. Because certain vaccines only work in Children yeah.
What about the Genetic diagram. Whats the parents Genotype???
Reply 13
I put both heterozygous but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
The other is homozygous recessive. The disease is recessive.
Btw what were your answers to the Mitosis question, the last one in humans?
Quick check. I put hydrogen carbonate indicator for the breathing test. Would that be wrong? I didn't write limewater as it asked for an indicator solution in particular. Not too sure though.
Reply 17
Original post by SiddzWHk
Btw what were your answers to the Mitosis question, the last one in humans?

I put A - telophase
B - metaphase
C- anaphase
And the order was BCA
The last one I wrote it's a cell division that helps in the growth and repair of body cells as well as development of zygote into an embryo

Not sure tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by slightly_edited
Quick check. I put hydrogen carbonate indicator for the breathing test. Would that be wrong? I didn't write limewater as it asked for an indicator solution in particular. Not too sure though.

I think they can accept both hydrogen carbonate and limewater as both of them have been accepted in so many past years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think they can accept both hydrogen carbonate and limewater as both of them have been accepted in so many past years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Did you do the exam too? How was it? The graph was a messed up bunch of estimates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending