The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Business Paper 2 (19th June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Big ups
I got 11.23% aswell. Think that is right as you divide the 6000 figure over the total of 54000 + 6000

Nope, figure 1 clearly stated total market sales.
Original post by Annon5632
10.8%

I got this answer too.
10.8% is what I got....why would you add on 6000 to something which already includes that
Was it just me or was that dreadful?
Does anyone know the marks for each question
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for Paper 1 one yet? That wasn't too bad.

I got 10.8% too.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 46
I found the paper weirdness and struggled for time towards the end. Didn't finish the last 16 marker and only did one point for the product portfolio 9 marker before it in order to use time for the 16 marker. I hope I didn't do badly :/
I thought the paper was quite nice,

I got 10.8%
The 9 marker on the discounter HR efficiency seemed a bit limited, the figure given didn't have much to expand on in my opinion?
The 20 marker on whether they should use discounter strategies seemed so nice for the long marker!!

The 9 marker on product portfolio, did anyone else just write about how it was Boston Matrix, so to get rid of the mint cola cos it was a 'dog' and to find extension strategies for the other cola's cos they're cash cows but likely to decline soon??
Original post by Ammar1998123
Hi guys, paper was a bit weird but overall went decent in my opinion. My question here is about the 20 marker. It was to what extent should the big four supermarkets use the discounted model?I said one reason why they should and then two other points. Now, I know that in some questions it's purely asking one or two reasons for and one against. However, what I did was one reason why they should and two other ways they can use. Such as financial and non financial methods to motivate employees to give better customer service as stated on figure 5 where 18% of survey responses said helpful staff. So by introducing this it would benefit them more etc... And another point. Is this valid or not? Thank you.

This varies a lot from what I put??
I put about future possibilities so they should as even the worst case confidence level showed a growth for discount markets,
i said that only 13% of people said they cared for non-food products, so they should use the discount strategy and reduce their range of non-food items to 20%
Then I argued they shouldn't because they may have a set image and it may ruin reputation nd devalue the brand - e.g. waitrose so they no longer appeal to their target market...

I can't see why you'd say about other motivation techniques if the question wasn't aimed at motivation? I'd say what youve said would've work better in evaluation as a suggestion for alternatives?So i think you'd get A03 marks, rather than A01 - but still marks!

I could be completely wrong tho and misinterpreted the question?
Original post by Tegankemp

I got 10.8%
The 9 marker on the discounter HR efficiency seemed a bit limited, the figure given didn't have much to expand on in my opinion?
The 20 marker on whether they should use discounter strategies seemed so nice for the long marker!!

The 9 marker on product portfolio, did anyone else just write about how it was Boston Matrix, so to get rid of the mint cola cos it was a 'dog' and to find extension strategies for the other cola's cos they're cash cows but likely to decline soon??

I put finding an extension strategy for the dog? As it was going in maturity it could sell the product in an international matket
Isnt that right?youve confused me😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
This varies a lot from what I put??
I put about future possibilities so they should as even the worst case confidence level showed a growth for discount markets,
i said that only 13% of people said they cared for non-food products, so they should use the discount strategy and reduce their range of non-food items to 20%
Then I argued they shouldn't because they may have a set image and it may ruin reputation nd devalue the brand - e.g. waitrose so they no longer appeal to their target market...

I can't see why you'd say about other motivation techniques if the question wasn't aimed at motivation? I'd say what youve said would've work better in evaluation as a suggestion for alternatives?So i think you'd get A03 marks, rather than A01 - but still marks!

I could be completely wrong tho and misinterpreted the question?

What Ammar said is valid. A reason they should not adopt a discounter method is because the survey proved that what customers cared about most was customer service quality. Motivating employees = higher labour productivity = better customer service, can therefore satisfy market demands, etc. Both your points would have worked.
I thought the market share question was the discount retailers market sales divided by market value.. so using figure 1 and 2, and divide 17 by 57 which was 29%??????
Original post by hollykos
I thought the market share question was the discount retailers market sales divided by market value.. so using figure 1 and 2, and divide 17 by 57 which was 29%??????

Should have been 17/157 or something i think which gives you 10.83 (2dp)

i think youll find the total sales value as 157
Reply 54

I got 10.8%

I said use profit generated from cash cows (cola) to aid the question mark products growth (water and OJ) and other point was to remove the dog with the potential of and extension strategy before its removal
Reply 55
Original post by natashaaa12345
what did everyone get for the first question of the market share?

10.8%
Stressed at the start, left it, had time left and suddenly pulled the parts together.
Original post by Dree11
I said use profit generated from cash cows (cola) to aid the question mark products growth (water and OJ) and other point was to remove the dog with the potential of and extension strategy before its removal

Same, I also said that if they pursued a new product, with R+D and the chances of it failing, the cash cows help to spread the financial risk.
Reply 57
Original post by Big ups
Yea but In the question it said to use figure 6 so we must be right

Q1 never actually quoted which figure to reference, it just happened to be right below figure 6. I compared the data from figures 1 and 2.
Reply 58
Original post by wellthatwasfun
Does anyone know the marks for each question

If I recall correctly it was...
case study 1:
3, 3, 9, 16.
case study 2:
6, 9, 20.
case study 3:
9, 9, 16.

that adds up to 100 so it was something like that.
Reply 59

lol, it's 157, that's where you went wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending