The Student Room Group

Orangic synthesis

1497802644708934813466.jpganyone got any tips for learning this my exam is tomo i have no idea.. i only know the process when the question tells me the steps i have no clue when it says start with this and get that..
Reply 1
Original post by Robertpotter1999
1497802644708934813466.jpganyone got any tips for learning this my exam is tomo i have no idea.. i only know the process when the question tells me the steps i have no clue when it says start with this and get that..

As long as you know all conditions needed, try to memorise the general layout of the map. When I first saw a similar one in my textbook, I thought it's very complicated, but you can try to practice drawing a rough sketch of the map- only with the headings and arrows, no conditions. If you manage to memorise how to draw it, you can always do a quick sketch in your exam, it'll take a minute to draw the map. But like I say, you must know all reactants and conditions if you want to do it that way.
Reply 2
Original post by Robertpotter1999

Holy sh*t dude, and I thought my exam board's flowchart was hard to learn :s-smilie: (I use OCR)

Just keep on reading the flowchart and then repeating it to yourself. If you then get a question saying "What are the conditions for the hydration of ethene?" (For example), you should be able to just immediately make that connection with your memory and write down what you've put in your short term memory. Just repeat it and you'll be fine! Best of luck mate :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest