The Student Room Group

Synoptic essay biology A level

Hello,
For our summer work we have to write a synoptic essay on the importance of enzymes in biology, but I have no idea which 4 topics to use...
I have Protein synthesis and photosynthesis but am stuck on the last two

Any help will be greatly appreciated- thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by biology234
Hello,
For our summer work we have to write a synoptic essay on the importance of enzymes in biology, but I have no idea which 4 topics to use...
I have Protein synthesis and photosynthesis but am stuck on the last two

Any help will be greatly appreciated- thanks! :smile:

Digestion and absorption
dna replication
Reply 2
Ah ok, thank you! Just wondering- for digestion and absorption- can you do all the enzymes involved e.g. for proteins, lipids and carbohydrates, or should I just focus on 1 like proteins?
Reply 3
Ah ok, thank you! Just wondering- for digestion and absorption- can you do all the enzymes involved e.g. for proteins, lipids and carbohydrates, or should I just focus on 1 like proteins?

Yes just focus on one polysaccharide - I had a paragraph about the hydrolysis of starch into maltose and then maltose into glucose then I would say something about the importance of glucose for glycolysis in respiration to produce ATP for (named example)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Thank you- that's really helpful. We haven't learnt about glycolysis in respiration yet, but if I did Protein synthesis and DNA replication- would they be separate enough topics?
Reply 5
Thank you- that's really helpful. We haven't learnt about glycolysis in respiration yet, but if I did Protein synthesis and DNA replication- would they be separate enough topics?

Yes they’re different spec points I would link dna synthesis to mitosis and protein synthesis to immune response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending