-halides was adding dilute Nitric acid and silver nitrate to form either:
-White precipitate-chloride
-Cream-bromide
-Yellow-iodide

Ethanoic acid question
-magnesium Ethanoate and hydrogen

MATHS QUESTIONS

MULTIPLE CHOICE
-CATALYST - INCREASES INCREASES (d I believe)
-VOLUME - chose C

The first six marker:
Mix reactants in conical flask and hydrogen gas given off and rises into syringe

Second six marker:
Molten sodium chloride-
- Sodium moves to negative cathode gains elections forms sodium atoms.
- Chlorine anions move to positive anode and oxidise to lose electrons and form chlorine atoms.
-Aqueous contained hydrogen, hydroxide, sodium, chlorine.
-Cathode product is hydrogen as it loses charge more readily than sodium and anode product was chlorine via oxidation

This is what I have so far, comment questions to discuss and get it added to the thread!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
for first 6 marker, 1 mol of h2 is 24 dm^3
There was a question on uses of esters wasn't there and I talked about it being used in perfumes and in sweets.
For the second six marker I mixed up the products for electrolysis of molten sodium chloride and the one in the solution ( I started to write it the right way round but crossed it out) I said all the correct points. How many marks do you think I can get ?

Thanks
For the second six maker I muddle up the electrolysis of molten sodium chloride and the electrolysis of sodichloride in a soLuton how many marks do you think I can get ?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Armend_mehmeti
For the second six marker I mixed up the products for electrolysis of molten sodium chloride and the one in the solution ( I started to write it the right way round but crossed it out) I said all the correct points. How many marks do you think I can get ?

Thanks

Maybe around 3 marks? Depending on how well you discussed your points and if they were all right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending