The Student Room Group

How long would it take to self study a GCSE?

Hey guys, how long would it take to self study a GCSE, given you have all the resources to obtain a good grade?

Let say I was to study 6-8 hours a day..

How much time would I need to obtain a A*-A grade?

Thanks, Curtis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
6-8 hours is a lot, cut down to at least 3 hours or 4 hours a day. What year are you in?
Original post by Curtiswood94
Hey guys, how long would it take to self study a GCSE, given you have all the resources to obtain a good grade?

Thanks, Curtis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll take a month to get an A* grade at the most.
Depends on the subject - science for example. If you do 6-8 hours a day of quality revision it will take you about 1 1/2.

It took me about double that but I was at school and so did half a day. So 3-4 hours. Not that long
1 month.
Original post by Curtiswood94

Thanks, Curtis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends how much knowledge you already have in the subject really, e.g. if you do programming and are self studying for Computer Science.
Depends on your ability and how much you know already from your previous education.
I went into my triple science GCSE with 5hr of revision and no past papers, still came out with an A* mainly because our teachers explained it well enough. Learning it once but in good detail is more helpful imo
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest