The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It'sPhil...
Its wicked! I'm a gooner and was so happy to see the saints beat the scum. Cheers Southampton!

your welcome :smile:
as i helped them to victory by supporting them, i feel that i have authority to say ure welcome :smile:
Reply 21
well i think manchester united are still my fave team,even though they lost.........but oh well,they cant always win. GIVE THEM A BREAK
Reply 22
Anna
well i think manchester united are still my fave team,even though they lost.........but oh well,they cant always win. GIVE THEM A BREAK

Why don't you support a London team?
Reply 23
Lord Huntroyde
Why don't you support a London team?

i think ive suported man united since i was like 5 because my entire family supports them. My father comes from up north,he supports them,and even though i live in london and always have......i am totally in love with them :biggrin:
Reply 24
Anna
i think ive suported man united since i was like 5 because my entire family supports them. My father comes from up north,he supports them,and even though i live in london and always have......i am totally in love with them :biggrin:

Well you should break the trend, I bet your Dad hasn't supported them since he was young, as Man Utd's fan base has only become large recently, because Trafford is quite a strange area, all the mancunians support Man City and the Lancastrians will never support a club which is more than 10 miles away from them. The vast majority of Utd fans live some distance from Manchester.
Lord Huntroyde
Well you should break the trend, I bet your Dad hasn't supported them since he was young, as Man Utd's fan base has only become large recently, because Trafford is quite a strange area, all the mancunians support Man City and the Lancastrians will never support a club which is more than 10 miles away from them. The vast majority of Utd fans live some distance from Manchester.

Mancunians dont all support City. Have you ever actually been here? Come into the city centre and count the shirts!
Of course most United fans live away from Manchester because it is a club with a worldwide reputation, and as there are a couple of million Mancunians in the world and six billion people who arent from here obviously more United fans fit into the latter category. Any club with a huge global following will draw most of its supporters from outside the area in which it is based, obviously. That doesnt mean however that it has no local following. Just come to visit us and you'll see what I mean. Old Trafford is within the ten mile distance you state for most of the Manchester conurbation anyway.
United have always been a well supported club, even in the 70s when we got relegated. Though you are right in saying that the fanbase only became vast recently- it was large before but recently has just exploded.
Btw- match today- not happy about result but what can you do, maybe Southampon have become our bogey team again. Still, I remember one season they beat us 6-3 and we still won the title! I have always liked Gordon Strachan and hope he does ok there, he is ex- United after all...
Reply 26
i love football..but if ur wondering my favorite team in the states is the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!! i also like the tennesse titans

CR

if u don't know these teams..i don't know urs either
Reply 27

LEEDS
Ollie
WOOOHOOO!!!!

1-0 TO THE SOUTHAMPTON

Any manchester utd supporters i can rip it out of?!?!

what is it with not being able to beat us at home!

ha! losers!

crap crap crap crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap
Reply 29
Ollie
WOOOHOOO!!!!

1-0 TO THE SOUTHAMPTON

Any manchester utd supporters i can rip it out of?!?!

what is it with not being able to beat us at home!

ha! losers!

LIVERPOOL

*cough* abusing of mod's privelages making it a sticky *cough*

lou xxx
Reply 30
Micky's Blue Army - Keep The Faith
Leicester City - Pride Of The Midlands

:biggrin:

As for Manure getting beat - ha ha. I'm sure 80% of the country were happy about it. The only people who were probably a 'little upset' were either in South East Asia or in the Home Counties :wink: .

I'm jealous!
Reply 31
VERY PLEASED THAT MAN-U LOST!!!

I support Arsenal
I think i can speak for all 'Gunners' fans. :biggrin:
Vahe10
VERY PLEASED THAT MAN-U LOST!!!

I support Arsenal
I think i can speak for all 'Gunners' fans. :biggrin:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS la la la la la
Reply 33
Unregistered
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS la la la la la

ooh that was me above. Have just registered.
This is my first post as a user!
Reply 34
As for Manure getting beat - ha ha. I'm sure 80% of the country were happy about it. The only people who were probably a 'little upset' were either in South East Asia or in the Home Counties :wink: .

See what I wrote above (except I wasnt registered then).
The only people who think there arent any United fans in Manchester are those who've never been here. Come to Manchester, count the football shirts, ask a few locals. Then you'll see what i mean.
Ollie, how come you support Southampton when you live in Surrey? Were you born there or something?
Reply 35
lala
See what I wrote above (except I wasnt registered then).
The only people who think there arent any United fans in Manchester are those who've never been here. Come to Manchester, count the football shirts, ask a few locals. Then you'll see what i mean.
Ollie, how come you support Southampton when you live in Surrey? Were you born there or something?

I'm sure there are lots of Manure fans in/from Manchester. I'm just saying that there are loads also in other parts of the country and the world. Thats actually quite a good thing, I'd love my team to have such a large following then we could cash it all in and make a load of cash! The Leicester v Manure match in a few weeks is already sold out, even before general sale. So it shows just how many extra fans Manure can attract.

:smile:
Reply 36
pkonline
I'm sure there are lots of Manure fans in/from Manchester. I'm just saying that there are loads also in other parts of the country and the world. Thats actually quite a good thing, I'd love my team to have such a large following then we could cash it all in and make a load of cash! The Leicester v Manure match in a few weeks is already sold out, even before general sale. So it shows just how many extra fans Manure can attract.

:smile:

You said the only people who would be upset would be in South East Asia or the Home Counties! Which suggests you're trying to say that there arent any United fans in Manchester. This is why everyone who thinks this should come here and do a bit of research. Actually, do visit if you're a football fan. As a city we love our football and its not only United and City that are well supported (there are more United fans by the way!) but also lots of other teams in Greater Manchester such as Bolton and Stockport. If you ever get chance to come to the city and cant get tickets, go to one of the pubs in the city centre or near the grounds and watch the game there, the atmosphere will be great and I'm sure as a football fan you'll enjoy it.
And yes, the international following hasnt done us any harm! Also I love the fact that I can go virtually anywhere in the world and whenever I tell someone where I'm from they'll say, "oh, Manchester United!"
Reply 37
My first post was only a bit of banter! As I said, its good to have a large fan base.

Manchester is a city on the up, and both its teams will do well. I don't dislike Manure more than any other team in the country. Its just a part of the game to have some banter between supporters, and the fan thing is just a bit of fun - that's all.
Reply 38
Anna

some may say a glory supporter!
Reply 39
pkonline
Micky's Blue Army - Keep The Faith
Leicester City - Pride Of The Midlands

:biggrin:

I'm jealous!

3 - 1!!!! cough... cough... totally outplayed.... cough cough..... C'mon the Villa!

Latest

Trending

Trending