The Student Room Group

Best series you have watched?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STUDENTGCSE2017
Tried watching AMH. Though it was weird. Some man w**king himself off to a hot woman that was really an old person so never got into it.I will check out some of your recommendations

Yeah it is very weird at the start haha but it's quite enjoyable once the story line develops
1. Gossip Girl
2. Ugly Betty
3. Baby Daddy
4. New Girl
One the best animated series that I would recommend to anyone who want to experience a journey is Regular Show. The show is just awesome, it details will love, crazy things that will make you think it's not regular, nostalgia for anyone born in the 80s to late 90s, awesome references and just some good animation to boot.
Reply 23
Surprised no ones really said prison break.
(edited 6 years ago)
Lost was great. Although I thought the ending was disappointing.
Reply 25
Original post by markova21
Lost was great. Although I thought the ending was disappointing.

I agree, i was so disappointed by the ending but i'm still debating whether to rewatch it now i know what happens because i thought the first few series' were great
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
The 100
Reply 27
I would say Inbetweeners because of how relatable and humorous it is.
My Top 10 would probably be in no particular order, Battlestar Galactica (The reboot), The Leftovers, Justified, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Wire, Twin Peaks, Breaking Bad, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Parks and Recreation & Person of Interest, but there's so many great shows out there it's hard to narrow it down.
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek - TOS
Star Trek - TNG
Star Trek - Enterprise
Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Reply 30
Original post by STUDENTGCSE2017
I need a new series. Here are some of my favourites:

Walking Dead: Was my favourite show. I loved every part of it until it got to around season 5 or whenever the survivors left the prison. I still like the show with Negan however the story has gone boring and they seem to push in more episodes per series for more money, leaving empty episodes. I also think some of the characters are boring. Rosita, Gabriel, Carls girlfriend, Tara (well...).

Breaking Bad: Probably my all time favourite. They did what TWD should have done, quality over quantity. The show is a masterpiece and it is thrilling till the end. Great acting and I love Jesse and Walt. The only downfall was parts of season 2. Some episodes with Jesses girlfriend were boring but was needed for the show. Superb show - need to watch Sauls spin off.

Game Of Thrones: I can see why it is considered the GOAT. I did enjoy it but having seen the whole show once, it can be confusing and i still cant remember most characters. I definitely need to watch twice and possibly read the books for a better understanding.

Big Bang Theory: Some love it, some hate it. I loved the show but as it got to later seasons and all the 'nerds' got hot girlfriends... apart from sheldon... the show ran out of ideas. Its on like season 10 at the moment, penny is married and it feels like 'friends', so i stopped watching.

What are your favourites? Any you can recommend?

Agents of shield is better than most give it credit for.
Westworld, like marmite, love it to bits or hate it terribly
Mr Robot, tedious but it can be AWESOME
Supernatural, lots of episodes, but its also amazing at times, although it can be boring too
Vampire Diaries, kinda teen-centered but can be surprisingly good sometimes.

Quick Reply

Latest