The Student Room Group

do you think it is possible for me to get a grade 7 in my maths GCSE?

Hi there, I am currently a year 10 student and I have completed my maths end of year exam and managed to get a C do you think it is possible for me to get a grade 7 in year 11 please tell me the truth please. THANKS GUYS!
If you can get a C you can get an A through hard work.
Original post by 13ANESHA02
Hi there, I am currently a year 10 student and I have completed my maths end of year exam and managed to get a C do you think it is possible for me to get a grade 7 in year 11 please tell me the truth please. THANKS GUYS!

For sure.

You have a hell of a lot of time, just make sure you; Go over all the topics you struggle on and Do past papers.

Especially the latter, its a must for maths papers.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
If you can get a C you can get an A through hard work.

7 is a high B.

To OP, going from a C to a B isn't that hard.
Reply 4
Original post by Coolerthanapples
7 is a high B.

To OP, going from a C to a B isn't that hard.

7 is an A. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/596393/Grading_new_GCSEs_from_2017_v4.pdf
Original post by 13ANESHA02

Going from a C to an A in the space of a year is absolutely possibly, if you do December/January Mock Exams then you should aim for a B there and then you should be on track for an A in June
Definitely! I (obviously) haven't had my GCSE grade back for maths but my experience was.. at the end of year 9 I got a D (4?) in my end of year exam, the following year (year 10) I managed to get a 7 (A), what really helped me was asking loads of questions. If I didn't understand anything then they would be there to help me and explain it to me until I understood. I also did loads of work outside of school.. maths genie is a really good website I used and it helped boost my grades massively, ever since that year 10 mock after getting a 7, I've been getting a 7 ever since in all my mocks so fingers crossed I'll get it in the actual exam as well, but you'll only achieve it if you put in the hard work and really dedicate and motivate yourself to achieve it.
Yes, you absolutely can. If it weren't for the story I'm about to tell you, I'd say it's hopeless.

In year 10, I had a hopeless teacher that taught us nothing. She left at the end and we got a MUCH better teacher. In December Year 11, I was still averaging a grade 4, getting around 28% in my tests. But I got a much better work ethic with this new teacher of mine, and she was really hard working too. I worked my butt off for 3-4 months and bumped myself up by about two grades in my school's March mock exams, where I got 50%, which was about a grade 6. Now I'm hoping I had the same performance in my real exams that just went, and I got a grade 6 or above.

Like someone said up there, you have to practice and ask help for questions on each practice paper that you don't understand.

Quick Reply

Latest