The Student Room Group

Game of Thrones is quite badly acted...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
I don't think people watch it for the acting...

What is that meant to mean? Its a drama ofc part of the reason they watch is for the acting. How much of it have you seen?
Reply 61
Original post by 999tigger
What is that meant to mean? Its a drama ofc part of the reason they watch is for the acting. How much of it have you seen?

To be honest I gave up after S3. I'd read all the books and now I'm just waiting for George to finish B6.
I don't think people watch it for the acting...

It is hardly for the nudity and violence, if you want that Spartacus has that covered on all fronts.
To be honest I gave up after S3. I'd read all the books and now I'm just waiting for George to finish B6.

ahhh at least youve read the books.
2018 apparently for the next one if we are lucky.

After the first three the books nosedived in quality, so hope he is able to bring it back on track. The TV series has been pretty good tbh so it has the rarity of increasing its audience for each new series. I dont buy the acting is consistently poor and some of it is pretty decent and at worst functional. Jim Broadbent was introduced this season and he is pretty good.

I just think its jack having a troll tbh.

We have the examples of Xena and the original Star Trek of being superior acting, which really made me lol. Some people dont like Fantasy, some people dont like their books being brought to life because its not how they imagined it, but the reception generally is very positive and that includes the acting. It wouldnt have been able to sustain itself without reasonable to very good acting.

Plot , tits and special effect arent enough.
Reply 64
ahhh at least youve read the books.
2018 apparently for the next one if we are lucky.

After the first three the books nosedived in quality, so hope he is able to bring it back on track. The TV series has been pretty good tbh so it has the rarity of increasing its audience for each new series. I dont buy the acting is consistently poor and some of it is pretty decent and at worst functional. Jim Broadbent was introduced this season and he is pretty good.

I just think its jack having a troll tbh.

We have the examples of Xena and the original Star Trek of being superior acting, which really made me lol. Some people dont like Fantasy, some people dont like their books being brought to life because its not how they imagined it, but the reception generally is very positive and that includes the acting. It wouldnt have been able to sustain itself without reasonable to very good acting.

Plot , tits and special effect arent enough.

Agreed, if anything the books are overrated.
Reply 65
I reckon you'll be in the minority here
Reply 66
The TV series has been pretty good tbh so it has the rarity of increasing its audience for each new series. I dont buy the acting is consistently poor and some of it is pretty decent and at worst functional. Jim Broadbent was introduced this season and he is pretty good.

Well, I am going to give the current series a go. I had all the prior series archived on Sky+ which then broke :frown:
Original post by Captain Jack
What examples would you like? I'm talking about every episode so there are lots and lots. There are some good actors but they're butting up against lots of average ones. I know it's hard to hear when you love a show but you have to admit it's not all perfect.

Do you think the other aspects of the show (soundtrack, cinematography and storyline) are good?
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane
Do you think the other aspects of the show (soundtrack, cinematography and storyline) are good?

Yeah they're ok, I think some scenes are good as a spectacle. People often say it's like a film which sets expectations too high because it's not most of the time.
I like the leads in Xena, which set the standard for me as did the old Star Treks. Stranger Things was a well acted mini series.

:rofl:
[video="youtube;CywJD13fujw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywJD13fujw[/video]
(Also if you think GoT is bad you've clearly never watched Arrow....John Barrowman is the LEAST hammy actor :yes: )
I know this is quite controversial but I don't get it, the acting is always really bad.

depends on the actors but agreed, the quality of acting does seem to be slippingl the most recent episode only a few actors seemed to be interested (kit harrington seemed very off and sophia turner has never been able to act fo shizzle)
Original post by PQ
:rofl:
[video="youtube;CywJD13fujw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CywJD13fujw[/video]

Not that old! :biggrin:
Not that old! :biggrin:

The standard by which we all judge acting in TV shows.
While i very much disagree with the OP i actually consider Littlefinger and Varys to be my preferred characters. It's a crying shame that we could not keep them in King's Landing for entire series because their exchanges were brilliant.

[video="youtube;tejsD8QdlN8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tejsD8QdlN8[/video]
What are you on about
[video="youtube;RvKJeaxRONk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvKJeaxRONk[/video]
Original post by games211
Popular shows always are tbh; Top Gear, Tracy Beaker, Friends, etc..

Woah, woah, woah, don't bring Friends into this! I can't think if another actor who could made what Phoebe did funny (and she is my least favourite). Joey's expressions made for some of the best laughs as did Ross' and Chandler's expression.

Quick Reply

Latest