The Student Room Group

M1 HELP!!!!!

Cannot answer these collision questions. Help please!
Two Clay pigeons are launched vertically upwards from exactly the same spot a 1 second intervals. Each clay pigeon has an initial velocity of 30m/s. How high above the ground do they collide? (Take acceleration due to gravity as 10m/s/s, not 9.8m/s/s)

I've seen some people say to take the time for the second pigeon as (t-1) but I don't see why becaus4 surely it would be (t +1) because it's after the 1st pigeon. However when I use t+1 I don't get the right answer. I know the answer just don't know how to get to it.
Original post by tnk191
Cannot answer these collision questions. Help please!
Two Clay pigeons are launched vertically upwards from exactly the same spot a 1 second intervals. Each clay pigeon has an initial velocity of 30m/s. How high above the ground do they collide? (Take acceleration due to gravity as 10m/s/s, not 9.8m/s/s)

I've seen some people say to take the time for the second pigeon as (t-1) but I don't see why becaus4 surely it would be (t +1) because it's after the 1st pigeon. However when I use t+1 I don't get the right answer. I know the answer just don't know how to get to it.

This is a duplicate thead, and I have already responded on the other one.

Quick Reply

Latest