The Student Room Group

IBD analyst, ama

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thomas_jamess
Thanks for this, I think ER is probably my more favourable entry route at the moment.

I assume as you didn't comment on it its not really worth me trying to applying directly for a BB IBD role with my current experience as I am lacking the degree?

without a degree it would be substantially more difficult, i imagine

best bet is networking your way in, but getting passed HR might be a hassle without academic creds
Original post by Princepieman
There's some pretty substantial difference between EBs (especially the best ones) and most BBs

The concept of the job may seem similar at first but the mechanics differ greatly - life at solid EBs seems to be much more about being a trusted advisor than being just another banker working for a big firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My point was just to support the idea of prestige for MM+ firms. I totally agree with your point and thats why in most deal we see a big bank/firm and an EB doing advisory.
Original post by gr8wizard10
without a degree it would be substantially more difficult, i imagine

best bet is networking your way in, but getting passed HR might be a hassle without academic creds

A few months have passed and I'm thinking about applying now with the view that I will be qualified next year. With 5 years experience do you think I should be applying for analyst/associate roles? Or might it depend what specifically I'm applying for? e.g. Associate ER/Analyst IBD?
Original post by Thomas_jamess
A few months have passed and I'm thinking about applying now with the view that I will be qualified next year. With 5 years experience do you think I should be applying for analyst/associate roles? Or might it depend what specifically I'm applying for? e.g. Associate ER/Analyst IBD?

analyst would be the area to apply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending