The Student Room Group

Maths a level

Hiii
Currently I'm in year 12 and Im taking C12, S1,M1
What modules do you think I should take next year bearing in mind that I want to do something to do with physics in Uni? Should I take further maths?

any suggestions?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Well, ones you can pass, since afaik the 2018 summer exam session is the last sitting for most of them :tongue:

The modules vary slightly between exam boards, but in general I would highly recommend taking FP1 at least, and FP2 would also be a huge benefit. FP3 is apparently very difficult and probably not as hugely beneficial as those two, as they cover a lot of the core material you'll be brushing through in first year of a physics course. Beyond that, any mechanics modules would be very useful for getting used to doing more mathematical physics problem solving. Taking AS/A-level Further Maths would be a great help, although doing the full A-level in one year may be overambitious, and you can take the core useful modules (FP1/2 and either M2 or FP3) just as the AS - depending on your schools offering of it of course.

Quick Reply

Latest