The Student Room Group

2018 Consulting Summer Internship Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by beam3.14159
For what it's worth OC&C have sent out tests

Did you get a confirmation email when you applied to OC&C? And when did they send you a test?
For what it's worth OC&C have sent out tests

Yes
Original post by zakme
Did you get a confirmation email when you applied to OC&C? And when did they send you a test?

I got an email saying "thank you for applying, please fill out this contextual information form" right after I submitted, and got the tests on the 17th
Any tips for prepping case interviews, i have zero prior experience. Also, are McKinsey case studies different from normal ones?
Original post by appstill5am
Any tips for prepping case interviews, i have zero prior experience. Also, are McKinsey case studies different from normal ones?

Use Victor Cheng's book and recordings to practice case studies and the Consulting Interview Bible to prep consulting fit questions; Victor Cheng's math practice tool is also very good to make sure your numerical skills are up to speed.

Unrelated: Does anyone know when OC&C actually screens candidates? Their application process seems super-accelerated: I got my first round of tests 2 days after submitting my app, my 2nd round of tests today (2 days after submitting first round tests), and they say they'll start interviews on Feb 1. When are they actually taking the time to decide who gets an interview?!? Or is it primarily based on test scores?
Use Victor Cheng's book and recordings to practice case studies and the Consulting Interview Bible to prep consulting fit questions; Victor Cheng's math practice tool is also very good to make sure your numerical skills are up to speed.

Unrelated: Does anyone know when OC&C actually screens candidates? Their application process seems super-accelerated: I got my first round of tests 2 days after submitting my app, my 2nd round of tests today (2 days after submitting first round tests), and they say they'll start interviews on Feb 1. When are they actually taking the time to decide who gets an interview?!? Or is it primarily based on test scores?

cheers bud.

And yep, exact same with me for OC&C.

Anyone else get an email from WTW saying they passed the VI but have to be compared with other candidates before an AC is given?
Has anyone had the phone interview for EY
Original post by Abby5001
Has anyone had the phone interview for EY

Yep I have for consulting
It's really easy, just prepare why you want EY and that role specifically
Big 4 anyone can get a job or internship
Anyone heard from FTI, Cornerstone, Gartner, Brattle, BCG, LEK, Oliver Wyman?
Cornerstone (and probably FTI/LEK) haven't even started reviewing applications!
Strategy& has started to give out AC.
Anyone hear back from McKinsey regarding summer internship?
Original post by seppomat12
Anyone hear back from McKinsey regarding summer internship?

Yeah, did PST ages ago, have first round in two weeks.
Original post by Maestori
Yeah, did PST ages ago, have first round in two weeks.

I believe they have two deadlines, and yours may have been considered before the first deadline. The second deadline was 25th January and they don’t look applications until that date
Anyone done OC&C AC?
Has anyone heard from Simon Kucher? For what it's worth FTI just got back to me
Has anyone heard from Simon Kucher? For what it's worth FTI just got back to me

What did Fti say
FTI invited me to an AC
Original post by hodgson12

Original post by hodgson12

I heard the interview was strengths based so they ask quite unusual questions. Do you remember any of the questions you were asked
More consulting related but has anyone heard from: BCG, LEK, Parthenon or Willis Towers Watson?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending