The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Chemistry at St Andrews

I was wondering how hard is it to get into Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry course at St Andrews? Anyone knows :smile: ?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Thank you very much!
Reply 3
Unfortunately it's pretty hard to quantify how difficult it is- once you meet the required grades it becomes more dependent on how you express yourself in the PS. Have you applied yet?

Best of luck with your applications if you're applying this year! x
Around what date can I expect a reply from St. Andrew's for Chemistry?
Original post by JPT555
I got my reply at the start of February. Around that point I would expect them to start to come back. If I am not mistaken they have to respond by some time in march. It is no use worrying about it. I have friend who got theirs back early and some who did not get them till a month after mine.

Okay thanks! I’ll have to wait patiently then:smile:
Reply 6
Why are the requirements for chemistry lower than most of the other courses at St Andrews?
Original post by Horatio1998
Why are the requirements for chemistry lower than most of the other courses at St Andrews?

Normally it's just about how popular the course is. Like IR is super popular so has really high requirements, I guess Chemistry is slightly less popular.
Just got my offer for chemistry (with medicinal chemistry) of AAB!
Reply 9
Anyone applied for chem bsc this year and heard back from St Andrews?
Original post by aj094
Anyone applied for chem bsc this year and heard back from St Andrews?

I applied for MChem, I've heard nothing. RUK student.
Reply 11
Original post by bigstrong
I applied for MChem, I've heard nothing. RUK student.

Fair enough. Good luck!
Anyone heard anything yet for MChem?
Original post by jacobp3946

nooooooope, still waiting. we should start to hear things by the end of this week
Original post by bigstrong
nooooooope, still waiting. we should start to hear things by the end of this week

i'm at the open day on wednesday and still have no idea if I've got an offer or not..... i'm hoping i hear tomorrow
Original post by jacobp3946

I have an offer, but I am international
I'm still waiting on RUK Medicinal Chem MChem offer
Original post by Student37240911
I'm still waiting on RUK Medicinal Chem MChem offer

me too! still waiting. Does anyone know how long it’ll be till we hear back??
Original post by dashing-switch
me too! still waiting. Does anyone know how long it’ll be till we hear back??

Don't know... I think there was a couple offers last week so hopefully this week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending