The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

BSc vs BA

I’m having trouble deciding between firming Bath which I have an offer for BSc in Politics and International Relations, or St Andrews which is a BA in international relations. Is a BSc better than a BA? And which uni would give me better graduate earning prospects? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi! I’ve applied for both Unis for the same courses (but with French added on). I’d say they’re equally as good as Bscs aren’t better than BAs, it’s just about how well you do in them! Obviously St Andrews is ranked higher but it’s up to you and what University best fits you! Also when did you receive your IR offer from St Andrews- still waiting on mine :frown:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi! I’ve applied for both Unis for the same courses (but with French added on). I’d say they’re equally as good as Bscs aren’t better than BAs, it’s just about how well you do in them! Obviously St Andrews is ranked higher but it’s up to you and what University best fits you! Also when did you receive your IR offer from St Andrews- still waiting on mine :frown:

I’ve been living in a big city the last two years so I’m a worried St A. may be a bit too small for me but honestly rlly torn between the two. Might end up flipping a coin at this rate 😅 I got my St. A offer on 21 December about 3 weeks after I put my application in, although they are known for taking their time with offers!
Original post by Kateissleepy
I’ve been living in a big city the last two years so I’m a worried St A. may be a bit too small for me but honestly rlly torn between the two. Might end up flipping a coin at this rate 😅 I got my St. A offer on 21 December about 3 weeks after I put my application in, although they are known for taking their time with offers!

St Andrews is very small yes! But Bath isn’t mega large either, however you have the advantage of being a 30min bus away from Bristol which is quite a bit city. Alternatively, St A is near to Edinburgh and Dundee so you could always travel for nightlife etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending