The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Home Applicants

Just wondering if any Scottish students have heard back yet? whether positive or negative?

I applied in late October/early November and have had responses from all my other applications, so I feel like I'm playing a waiting game now, and just wanted to gage how other people are feeling, I've heard it can take St Andrews up until late April to reply...

If you have had a positive repose what grades did everyone have and what courses did you apply for? Hope things are going well for everyone!
No news for me.
I think it will be very difficult to receive an offer.
International Students are more likely to be accepted.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
I haven't heard yet, but have heard of two people at my school (Scottish state school) who have had offers for different courses.
Same as the previous poster. Didn't apply but 2 people at my school have been accepted. For English and media type courses, not sure which ones.
Lots of English offers went out on Friday for Scottish students. Not a lot of others. Friends waiting for Politics/Business/IR/Mandarin etc
Original post by Anonymous #2
Lots of English offers went out on Friday for Scottish students. Not a lot of others. Friends waiting for Politics/Business/IR/Mandarin etc

Yep, I got an English offer yesterday, so did one of my friends 😀

I got AAAAA for Highers, and the offer was unconditional.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Helen2112
congrats on the offer!!
Reply 7
Original post by OatMillk
Just wondering if any Scottish students have heard back yet? whether positive or negative?
I applied in late October/early November and have had responses from all my other applications, so I feel like I'm playing a waiting game now, and just wanted to gage how other people are feeling, I've heard it can take St Andrews up until late April to reply...
If you have had a positive repose what grades did everyone have and what courses did you apply for? Hope things are going well for everyone!

I received an unconditional for English on friday and a friend of mine received an unconditional for Chemistry a few weeks ago (I think). We're both Scottish students :]
Original post by Stephi.m
I received an unconditional for English on friday and a friend of mine received an unconditional for Chemistry a few weeks ago (I think). We're both Scottish students :]
oh wow! congrats to you both!! fingers crossed they start sending out offers for other subjects soon, i’m not sure how much longer i can keep waiting lol
Reply 9
oh wow! congrats to you both!! fingers crossed they start sending out offers for other subjects soon, i’m not sure how much longer i can keep waiting lol

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon, they seem to be sending out offers each subject at a time. Good luck, fingers crossed they get back to you, so you don't have to wait any longer
Original post by Helen2112
I'm the same! Well done!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by jessica099
I'm the same! Well done!

Congrats to you too!
Hi there! I am a Scottish student that applied last December and I got an unconditional offer to neuroscience last Tuesday. My grades were 5 A’s. wishing you luck. Xx
Hi, is anyone still waiting for an offer from St Andrews? Still waiting here for IR...
Original post by Anonymous #2

Hi, still waiting here for IR... Have you heard of any offers made recently?
Waiting for comp sci
Original post by LoveScotland24

Hey! I got an unconditional for IR on the first of March, my grades were 5 As at Higher :smile:
Original post by LoveScotland24

Still waiting on IR too? Have you heard anything back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending