The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

MSC Computing and Information Systems (conversion) - 2018/2019

Hi everyone! I just accepted my offer study Computing and Information Systems at QMUL :smile:

Has anyone else got an offer or can anyone give me insights on the course?
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Hi, I applied but haven't got a response yet. How long did it take them to get back to you?
Reply 3
Original post by Katesold
Hi, I applied but haven't got a response yet. How long did it take them to get back to you?

Hi there! I applied on 5th December and got my offer on 20th January. They should get back to you within four working weeks, mine took considerably longer because of the Christmas break. Will you be attending the Open Evening this Wednesday?
Reply 4
Original post by organizara
Hi there! I applied on 5th December and got my offer on 20th January. They should get back to you within four working weeks, mine took considerably longer because of the Christmas break. Will you be attending the Open Evening this Wednesday?

Hi, That is a bit longer than I expected :biggrin: I only applied on 25th Jan so I guess I will have to wait a bit longer. Yes, I am coming this Wednesday, although I don't know what time I will get there as I have to leave work earlier at some point. What time are you going?
Reply 5
Hi, That is a bit longer than I expected :biggrin: I only applied on 25th Jan so I guess I will have to wait a bit longer. Yes, I am coming this Wednesday, although I don't know what time I will get there as I have to leave work earlier at some point. What time are you going?

I am sure you'll have a few more days then! January/ February is also the time when universities are selecting undergrads as well so that may classify as "peak time", but I'm not sure.

About Wednesday, I am not 100% sure yet, most likely around 5.30-6pm. Would be nice to meet there!
Reply 6
Original post by organizara
I am sure you'll have a few more days then! January/ February is also the time when universities are selecting undergrads as well so that may classify as "peak time", but I'm not sure.

About Wednesday, I am not 100% sure yet, most likely around 5.30-6pm. Would be nice to meet there!

Hi I messaged you here.
Reply 7
Hi I messaged you here.

I already added you on FB :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm on the course this year if you have any questions.
Hi, Can I know how you are getting on with this course? how does the sandwich programme work? Do they really help in getting the first job via the sandwich route?
Hey I have accepted my offer for the same course :smile: really looking forward!
Reply 11
I have got an offer too from QMUL for MSc Computing and Info Systems, not sure what should I do. Have offers from BirkBeck Univ for MSc IT and Univ of West London for MSc Info System.My background is non computers. Any help will be much appreciated.
Not sure about this conversion thing, but I just finished my first year in Comp at QM if you guys have any questions
Not sure about this conversion thing, but I just finished my first year in Comp at QM if you guys have any questions
Hi everyone,
I'm starting this course in a couple of weeks. Do you have any suggestions or a piece of advice? Where can I find some helpful materials and how to choose the modules for semester B? Any and every bit of info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlotte
Original post by anothername
Hi everyone,
I'm starting this course in a couple of weeks. Do you have any suggestions or a piece of advice? Where can I find some helpful materials and how to choose the modules for semester B? Any and every bit of info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlotte

I realise this is late but I want to know how the course is like since i'm thinking to apply.
I'd be grateful if you reply, thanks !
Hey guys, I have an offer for MSc Computing and Information Systems from QMUL. It would be very helpful if you can answer few of my questions:

1. How has your experience been overall?
2. Do you think I should chose QMUL over Newcastle despite the higher living costs in London
3. How are the job opportunities after this course?
4. Any comments on the teaching quality?

Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by chooselifedude
Hey guys, I have an offer for MSc Computing and Information Systems from QMUL. It would be very helpful if you can answer few of my questions:

1. How has your experience been overall?
2. Do you think I should chose QMUL over Newcastle despite the higher living costs in London
3. How are the job opportunities after this course?
4. Any comments on the teaching quality?

Thanks!

1.) Very good overall, I learnt a ton.
2.) Probably either is fine, they're both good schools
3.) Great, just work on your DS&A knowledge and prepare some portfolio projects
4.) Generally very good helpful staff
Original post by CSconv2020
1.) Very good overall, I learnt a ton.
2.) Probably either is fine, they're both good schools
3.) Great, just work on your DS&A knowledge and prepare some portfolio projects
4.) Generally very good helpful staff

Thank you!

Quick Reply