The Student Room Group

9A*s - What are my chances of getting into Oxford PPE

Hello, I was wondering what you think my chances of Oxford might be.GCSE: 7 'A*' grades, 2 '9' grades, 2 'A' grades, distinction in English Lit speaking.IB: predicted 39, think I can raise it to 41. Currently on a 6,6,7 on my higher level courses (History HL, English Lit HL, Physics HL).I am a United World College student, and had to get through that interview process. I am a scholar, was head boy at my school, and have worked for three charities with homelessness and to prevent drowning.What can I do to help me secure a place doing PPE at Oxford?
Reply 1
Are you here for a genuine answer or are you here just to show off?
Because by looking at your stuff you certainly stand a chance at Oxford, just took a quick look at their website
The only thing they will care about with what you have stated is your GCSEs, no one cares what school you go to. Otherwise i'll you also that I have 7 A*s, 3 9s, and a 98% Scholarship to Harrow School.

Looking at your Gcses, they are just fine, 9A*s is a strong point for Oxford, however they will compare this with your contextual factors, the number of GCSEs taken, and your school performance. i know some individuals or have 11/12A*s however were spoonfed answers, and would score considerably less if they were to go to a state comprehensive; I had to climb up..
Original post by tomperhaps
Hello, I was wondering what you think my chances of Oxford might be.GCSE: 7 'A*' grades, 2 '9' grades, 2 'A' grades, distinction in English Lit speaking.IB: predicted 39, think I can raise it to 41. Currently on a 6,6,7 on my higher level courses (History HL, English Lit HL, Physics HL).I am a United World College student, and had to get through that interview process. I am a scholar, was head boy at my school, and have worked for three charities with homelessness and to prevent drowning.What can I do to help me secure a place doing PPE at Oxford?

Continue trying to develop your interest in your subject, e.g. by reading or going to public lectures. Keep up the good work at school. Those are the most important things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending