The Student Room Group

English aqa GCSE

Does anyone know what the format of the English literature papers is going to be because i can't find a specification anywhere online.
Reply 1
Original post by kunsang21
Does anyone know what the format of the English literature papers is going to be because i can't find a specification anywhere online.

Two specimen papers, one for paper 1 and one for paper 2, can be found on their website:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse/english-literature-8702/assessment-resources
Not sure what you mean exactly but:

Paper 1: Shakespeare and 19th Century novel. Split into 2 sections; Section A is shakespeare, Section B is 19th Century novel. Counts for 40% of the GCSE and is 64 marks in total, 34 for Section A and 30 for Section B.

Section A Shakespeare: students will answer one question on their play of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the play and then to write about the play as a whole.
Section B The 19th-century novel: students will answer one question on their novel of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the novel and then to write about the novel as a whole.

Paper 2: Modern texts and poetry
What's assessed

How it's assessed

written exam: 2 hour 15 minutes

96 marks

60% of GCSE

Questions
Section A Modern texts: students will answer one essay question from a choice of two on their studied modern prose or drama text.
Section B Poetry: students will answer one comparative question on one named poem printed on the paper and one other poem from their chosen anthology cluster.
Section C Unseen poetry: Students will answer one question on one unseen poem and one question comparing this poem with a second unseen poem.
This is from the AQA website, if you need help with anything else let me know. I'd recommend mr bruff and mr salles youtube/revision guides.

Quick Reply

Latest