English aqa GCSE Watch

loazing21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Does anyone know what the format of the English literature papers is going to be because i can't find a specification anywhere online.
imo_x
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by kunsang21)
Does anyone know what the format of the English literature papers is going to be because i can't find a specification anywhere online.
Two specimen papers, one for paper 1 and one for paper 2, can be found on their website:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engli...ment-resources
indie.sxnds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not sure what you mean exactly but:

Paper 1: Shakespeare and 19th Century novel. Split into 2 sections; Section A is shakespeare, Section B is 19th Century novel. Counts for 40% of the GCSE and is 64 marks in total, 34 for Section A and 30 for Section B.

Section A Shakespeare: students will answer one question on their play of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the play and then to write about the play as a whole.
Section B The 19th-century novel: students will answer one question on their novel of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the novel and then to write about the novel as a whole.

Paper 2: Modern texts and poetry
What's assessed

How it's assessed
  • written exam: 2 hour 15 minutes
  • 96 marks
  • 60% of GCSE
Questions
Section A Modern texts: students will answer one essay question from a choice of two on their studied modern prose or drama text.
Section B Poetry: students will answer one comparative question on one named poem printed on the paper and one other poem from their chosen anthology cluster.
Section C Unseen poetry: Students will answer one question on one unseen poem and one question comparing this poem with a second unseen poem.
This is from the AQA website, if you need help with anything else let me know. I'd recommend mr bruff and mr salles youtube/revision guides.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (1)
1.49%
No (66)
98.51%

Watched Threads