The Student Room Group

I missed the AQA speaking exam

I missed the aqa speaking exam and im panicking if it will affect my English language grade or will I fail English language?? What should I do?
Original post by io92818
I missed the aqa speaking exam and im panicking if it will affect my English language grade or will I fail English language?? What should I do?

The Speaking and Listening Endorsement (or whatever AQA call it) is entirely separate from the GCSE. One has no impact on the other. It will not impact your GCSE grade in any way.

Edited to add this link at which AQA say, "This endorsement is reported as a separate grade (Pass, Merit, Distinction or Not Classified) and will not contribute to the result of the GCSE English Language qualification."
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The Speaking and Listening Endorsement (or whatever AQA call it) is entirely separate from the GCSE. One has no impact on the other. It will not impact your GCSE grade in any way.

Edited to add this link at which AQA say, "This endorsement is reported as a separate grade (Pass, Merit, Distinction or Not Classified) and will not contribute to the result of the GCSE English Language qualification."

So, if u dont do the speaking it wont mean a fail for english lang? Except mine is edexcel english, is that any different?
Original post by Exulqnsi
So, if u dont do the speaking it wont mean a fail for english lang? Except mine is edexcel english, is that any different?

Correct. No impact on the GCSE itself.

From this Edexcel PDF:

"It will appear on all students’ certificates as a separately reported grade, alongside the overall grade issued."

and

"There are no marks for the Spoken Language endorsement. Students should be awarded a grade (Pass, Merit or Distinction) using the assessment criteria below. Students who do not reach the Pass standard, or who do not attempt the assessment, must be recorded as Not Classified. This grade will appear on the student’s certificate."

Quick Reply

Latest