The Student Room Group

2 Time Questions, Need Help!

Stuck on these two questions, please help!

Q1) Melissa and Adam are travelling from London to Bath.
Melissa is taking the train.
Her train is scheduled to depart London Paddington Station at 15:13 and arrive at Bath Spa Station at 16:44.

Adam is driving 115 miles from London to Bath. He says "If I travel at an average speed of 57.5 mph, it will take me 2 hours to get to Bath"

Is Adam Correct? You must show your working

Q2) Melissa and Adam both leave at same time. There are some engineering works on train which delay Melissa's journey by 11 minutes. Adam's average speed for his journey is 69mph.
Who arrives at Bath First? You must show your working.
Can you show us what you've done so far......
Reply 2
Original post by Mia 15

Her train is scheduled to depart London Paddington Station at 15:13 and arrive at Bath Spa Station at 16:44.

Adam is driving 115 miles from London to Bath. He says "If I travel at an average speed of 57.5 mph, it will take me 2 hours to get to Bath"

Q2) Melissa and Adam both leave at same time. There are some engineering works on train which delay Melissa's journey by 11 minutes. Adam's average speed for his journey is 69mph.

I think I know the answer to the first one (just worked it out) however to be sure can you please tell me how many marks is it
Original post by Mia 15

TIP = For Melissa just find out the time difference between 15:13 and 16:44 (+11 min (Q2))
For Adam use the equation t=d/s t=d/s to find out the time. Adams time will be in hours and Melissa's will be in minutes. Convert one of the times and compare.

Quick Reply

Latest