The Student Room Group

Can I write about the same things in English language paper 2 q2 and q4?

Im wondering if I can write (in the aqa spec) about the same points and quotes for question 2 and question 4 in English language paper 2? As they are both comparison questions, but I’m not sure if I will get marks for it? Can I use the same points in both of them, as it will save me a lot of time.
Reply 1
Original post by mia_m008
Im wondering if I can write (in the aqa spec) about the same points and quotes for question 2 and question 4 in English language paper 2? As they are both comparison questions, but I’m not sure if I will get marks for it? Can I use the same points in both of them, as it will save me a lot of time.

Technically, yes. There is no where that says you can't. Also, different examiners will mark different questions. However, question 2 has a very different requirement than question 4. Therefore, you would need to ensure that for question 4 you do not just stick to what you have written for question 2 but rather implement subject terminology, in-depth analysis and effect on the reader.

If you would like any responses for any questions marking for tomorrow's exam then I am more than happy to help!
Reply 2
Original post by Georgeallen
Technically, yes. There is no where that says you can't. Also, different examiners will mark different questions. However, question 2 has a very different requirement than question 4. Therefore, you would need to ensure that for question 4 you do not just stick to what you have written for question 2 but rather implement subject terminology, in-depth analysis and effect on the reader.

If you would like any responses for any questions marking for tomorrow's exam then I am more than happy

Thank you so much for helping out!!

Quick Reply

Latest