The Student Room Group

Starting ballet at 17?

Right so I’m a 17 year old girl and I want to start ballet for the first time. I’ve always been in love with dance, ballet especially, but there was always something in the way and now I want to start. I know I’ll never be able to be professional level or even a great dancer but and I’m not asking should I start because I am going to. I’m just wondering what I can expect and what level I will be able to reach...
Reply 1
Original post by Bella13289
Right so I’m a 17 year old girl and I want to start ballet for the first time. I’ve always been in love with dance, ballet especially, but there was always something in the way and now I want to start. I know I’ll never be able to be professional level or even a great dancer but and I’m not asking should I start because I am going to. I’m just wondering what I can expect and what level I will be able to reach...

Heyya, My younger sister does ballet and she's 12 and doing grade. She's been doing it for about 4 years. You can get a grade done in a year, that's enough time, you can maybe even squeeze two grades in a year if you work hard enough and dedicate enough time in practising.
A friend of mine started age 15 and as long as you have the right drive, you will move up through the grades and pick up technique really quickly. Ballet is very hard, as I know, but as long as you are willing to practice then nothing should seem overwhelming.

Quick Reply

Latest