The Student Room Group

I NEED HELP!! (US university’s)

Hi! I am currently in year 11 and I have a few more years left till I go to uni, I have always dreamed about going to study in the US (especially in Ivy Leagues) and I need some help knowing what I should do to boost my chances to getting in. I am a first gen of 2 immigrant parents, and know around 3 languages (Dutch, English and German). I’m also a language ambassador at my school, and was my schools head girl for a little bit. I also have a small athletic background as I did ballet for around 4 years and did gymnastics for around 2 years after that. My grades are also great as I’m currently on a A\A* and B streak (I’m tryna get rid of the B’s 😓) Other than that I don’t really have anything else that I’ve done since I’m pretty young and kinda lost on what my next steps should be, so I’m asking for help on what I should do so I do have a chance at going to an ivy 🙏🏽🙏🏽 (btw I do double awards science, history, geography, English literature and higher maths)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I am currently in year 11 and I have a few more years left till I go to uni, I have always dreamed about going to study in the US (especially in Ivy Leagues) and I need some help knowing what I should do to boost my chances to getting in. I am a first gen of 2 immigrant parents, and know around 3 languages (Dutch, English and German). I’m also a language ambassador at my school, and was my schools head girl for a little bit. I also have a small athletic background as I did ballet for around 4 years and did gymnastics for around 2 years after that. My grades are also great as I’m currently on a A\A* and B streak (I’m tryna get rid of the B’s 😓) Other than that I don’t really have anything else that I’ve done since I’m pretty young and kinda lost on what my next steps should be, so I’m asking for help on what I should do so I do have a chance at going to an ivy 🙏🏽🙏🏽 (btw I do double awards science, history, geography, English literature and higher maths)

Gonna reply with more tips but start with:

Practicing for the SAT/ACT (a lot of schools r no longer test optional)

Starting/getting involved in more clubs

Thinking of honours/awards (participating in national/regional/state lvl competitions/Olympiads).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending