The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham

Im an international applicant applying for medicine for the year 2024, I know a few seniors who have gotten into the University of Birmingham this year who are 17 and got in for medicine. However in their official site, it says students need to be 18 if the course requires mandatory clinical placements. I will be 17 at time of entry, so am I eligible? Can someone clarify this please?
Reply 1
You need to check this with the University.

It may be that you need to be 18 before the placements actually start - for example.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You need to check this with the University.

It may be that you need to be 18 before the placements actually start - for example.

“Applicants must normally also be 17 years old by 1 October of the year in which their programme starts, unless they are applying to a programme which includes a mandatory clinical placement. For programmes which include a mandatory clinical placement, applicants must have reached the age of 18 years on 1 October of the year of entry.“

This is what the university website says, if there are placements then we still need to be 18 on October first…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending