The Student Room Group

Chartered Accountant V Credit Risk Analyst

Poll

Which offer should I accept?

I am a recent graduate and after countless rejections, I have been fortunate to be offered two jobs on the same day! One as a corporate credit risk analyst with a major bank and the other as a trainee chartered accountant with a top ten firm.

The credit risk job has starting salary of £21000 +excellent benefits
The accountancy job has starting salary £18000

I really need some advice as to which offer to accept. Which career offers the higher earning potential and career progression opportunities?

Any advice much appreciated,
Jon
Reply 1
If you name the bank and accountancy firm - aswell as contract/programme details -we could give you a better answer.
Reply 2
ma2k5
If you name the bank and accountancy firm - aswell as contract/programme details -we could give you a better answer.

HBOS, Level2 Analyst, Corporate Risk Analysis Department

PKF, Trainee Business Advisor, undertaking CA Qualification
Reply 3
Personally, I am leaning towards HBOS, simply because I don't know how fun accounting at PKF will be, it could be the dullest 3 years of your life. Remember, the CA is a double edged sword - if you qualify you are going to earn some big bucks (hopefully) once qualified, but during the course it requires around 20 hours of self-study per week to pass those exams. It isn't BIG4, so it is quite ... It does have longterm potential though...

Ok, I would advice you to go to the Investment Banking forum, find some guys and ask them - try presidentBen, rboogie, portfoliomanager - to get their opinion aswell before making a decision..
Reply 4
PFK CA, better career!

Latest

Trending

Trending