The Student Room Group

Can I apply for a grad scheme in the same company for next year?

I'm currently in a grad scheme at a Big 4 company in the tax line of service, which requires us to complete the ICAS chartered accountancy pathway. I'm two months in and I'm realising I'm just not cut out for ICAS and am now looking for grad schemes elsewhere. One of the roles I saw was for Risk for next year, same company and city, which doesn't require the 3 year ICAS pathway and only needs one year of chartered accountancy training which can then be discontinued afterwards. Is it possible for me to apply for the role when I'm already employed on a different grad scheme with them? As I doubt they would be willing to transfer me internally being that my main reason to leave is because I don't have what it takes to do ICAS and want to transfer to something that has less demanding qualifications. Is it worth sticking with ICAS, being that I'm struggling at the basic TC level and almost everyone I've spoken to says it gets worse at the higher levels?
Reply 1
Go ahead and do that. I have heard of someone switching grad schemes in the same company, and this happened in one of the big petroleum companies.

Trust me, switching is not as weird as it might seem to you. As an academic and career consultant, I have encountered much weirder, complicated career moves. Start the switching process NOW!!! Speak to your bosses and others that can help you with the process and keep me abreast of developments.

Quick Reply

Latest