Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade
    the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade

We need to have 40% overall in order to pass the module.

Lets just say that I will get 10% in my finals this semester
    and that in the last semester I got 55%

That it means that I will have to resit it.
    But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August in order to pass the module or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?)

I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whocares1222222)
    I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50%
    the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50%

Lets just say that I will get 10/100 in my finals this semester and that in the last semester I got 55/100.

That it means that I will have to resit it. But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?) I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.

That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.
    2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
    and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whocares1222222)
    2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
    and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.
    Imo 40 you have to pass all modules.

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloths)
    If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits
    okay that explains eveything!! thank you!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.