Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade
    the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50% of my overall grade

We need to have 40% overall in order to pass the module.

Lets just say that I will get 10% in my finals this semester
    and that in the last semester I got 55%

That it means that I will have to resit it.
    But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August in order to pass the module or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?)

I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whocares1222222)
    I think that I will need to resit 1 of my modules for this year. However , I can't really understand how exactly this works.

So..

the exam for the 1st semester was weighting 50%
    the exam for the 2nd semester was weighting 50%

Lets just say that I will get 10/100 in my finals this semester and that in the last semester I got 55/100.

That it means that I will have to resit it. But , do I have to get 40% in my resits in August or do I need to get 25%? (as I got 55% in my first semester?) I'm a little bit confused about this so if anyone can explain me how resits work I will be grateful.

That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    That explanation is confusing

How many semesters?

2 or 3?

What are you saying you scored for each one?

You normally have to pass at least each module by 40%+ or it is resat. resits are usually capped at 40% max.
    2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
    and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by whocares1222222)
    2 semesters.

I scored 55% in the first semester
    and I think that I will get 10% in the second semester.

So my question is... Do I need to get 40% in August in order to pass the module? or do I need to get 25% as I scored 55% in the first semester and each semester is weighting 50% of my overall grade.
    Imo 40 you have to pass all modules.

ReputationRep:
    If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloths)
    If you are doing law at liverpool you need to pass 40% in every exam and assessment you take including the resits
    okay that explains eveything!! thank you!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.