The Student Room Group

**Official Investment Banking and Advisory 2019 Internship Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Guys, did anyone else get an email from point 72 saying that they will get back to you now before 31st August? I assume it will be a rejection down the line
Original post by bbam
Yes, ER and AM/IM

whats your background?
Original post by yousuf5465
Guys, did anyone else get an email from point 72 saying that they will get back to you now before 31st August? I assume it will be a rejection down the line

Seems like you are waitlisted.
Reply 383
Semi-target, three spring insights on wealth management, product and portfolio management and this summer on investment management
Original post by banker-121
whats your background?
Guys for point 72, about 1500 people apply for like 5 places and now the they have about 18 interview dates if we assume a max of 8 inteviewies a day thats about 144 people left. how many do you think will make it to the next round?
ok so:

a) could someone reply to or like this post for me so i don't lose it
b) are people going to be applying to summers even if they are graduating in 2019 - which banks do the off cycle (like hsbc and cs do)
c) can we apply to the us if we are uk students? looooads more firms to apply to eg guggenheim

as always gg gl hf with app prep
Original post by tazza ma razza
ok so:

b) are people going to be applying to summers even if they are graduating in 2019 - which banks do the off cycle (like hsbc and cs do)
c) can we apply to the us if we are uk students? looooads more firms to apply to eg guggenheim

You can apply to US firms but most of them are already done with recruiting barring MS/GS. Not to mention the fact that US apps are mainly pushed through by networking, and if you haven't done it. It is much harder to even get someone to read your CV.
Out of curiosity, (not going into finance) how many analysts make it to Vice President.
ok so:

us is a non-starter for banking mate.. quant funds, tech? sure. banking? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zxc12390
Out of curiosity, (not going into finance) how many analysts make it to Vice President.

realistically anyone who wants to stay and isn't a dumbass will make it to VP (even Director/ED tbh). Jump from Director/ED to MD is monumental though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok so:

Are you the dude that applied to over 125 places last year? (Strong effort man)
Original post by Martin_Sch
Are you the dude that applied to over 125 places last year? (Strong effort man)

he is indeed that (slight) nutter, but a great nutter ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
he is indeed that (slight) nutter, but a great nutter ofc

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many offers did he get
Original post by davozgenius
How many offers did he get

Is BlackRock pay similar to a top BB?

Considering if I should apply there

not the best question to ask tbh, totally different industry and pay ramp to normal banking/S&T

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helpful.

~15K less in first year grad.

Stick with your BB bud
Original post by IsaiahD1
~15K less in first year grad.

Stick with your BB bud

yeah but you don't go into asset management for the entry level pay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
yeah but you don't go into asset management for the entry level pay

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the advantages of going into Blackrock?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending