The Student Room Group

History/Philosophy/Sociology/Something Else at University?

Poll

Is History a good degree?

I'm in a dilemma. I really like learning about what underpins society and topics like critical theory. Which uni would be ideal for someone like me with these interests? I'm doing History, Philosophy and English. My friend, (an acclaimed up-and-coming Bollywood actor), recommended some courses at LSE which I like, but I'm unsure atm. Any suggestions would be nice...:smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
I have received an offer from LSE, Government and History and will be starting this fall. LSE is really good for social sciences since you also get to choose a course outside your department which benefits your general knowledge. I mainly chose my course and uni because it deals with the issues I'm most interested in (contemporary issues, and also I'm able to bespeak my course). You should google the courses and look into their contents.

What courses have you been looking at? And what unis are you comparing it to?
Original post by Magday
Hi,
I have received an offer from LSE, Government and History and will be starting this fall. LSE is really good for social sciences since you also get to choose a course outside your department which benefits your general knowledge. I mainly chose my course and uni because it deals with the issues I'm most interested in (contemporary issues, and also I'm able to bespeak my course). You should google the courses and look into their contents.

What courses have you been looking at? And what unis are you comparing it to?

I have been looking at social anthropology, government and history, international relations and history, international social and public policy and sociology.
Other unis I like are Royal Holloway and UCL, but I'm having trouble narrowing down courses and other universities. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending