The Student Room Group

For and Against essay

Which gcse then a level has this because I love writing about the good stuff about something then opposite and what’s better conclusion with examples from either ygm??
Original post by Brianstudy01
Which gcse then a level has this because I love writing about the good stuff about something then opposite and what’s better conclusion with examples from either ygm??

Politics A level essays is very for and against,In a way sociology has aspects in the essays but if you really want to sit and write for and against essays then Politics A level is for you honestly.GCSEs i can’t really remember much but i’m pretty sure History there’s so like for and against “twang” in the answers but don’t quote me on that
Religion and Philosophy, Classical Civilisation, Politics, History, and sometimes Biology A level have this structure!
Goodluck with A-levels!
Original post by jelllyfiiish
Religion and Philosophy, Classical Civilisation, Politics, History, and sometimes Biology A level have this structure!
Goodluck with A-levels!
Is that all the subjects that have it so sociology psychology law business economics etc don’t have it and what about gcse does gcse history have it or re
Is that all the subjects that have it so sociology psychology law business economics etc don’t have it and what about gcse does gcse history have it or re
I currently do Re (we call it RP cause it's religion & philosophy) and Classics and both of these subjects require a lot of for and against essays.
For example, in Re (RP), you might get questions like: "Euthanasia should be banned in all places; evaluate this statement." or "Does God exist? Evaluate this statement.".
In Classics, we get questions like: "Evaluate if Camilla's story is more tragic or Pentheselia's story more tragic" and "Hector is the most heroic figure in the Iliad; evaluate this statement.".
I don't do history, but some of my peers do, and many questions are essay-based, with many for and against statements. But I only recommend this subject if you're keen to memorising key ideas and dates + small intricate details.
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I currently do Re (we call it RP cause it's religion & philosophy) and Classics and both of these subjects require a lot of for and against essays.
For example, in Re (RP), you might get questions like: "Euthanasia should be banned in all places; evaluate this statement." or "Does God exist? Evaluate this statement.".
In Classics, we get questions like: "Evaluate if Camilla's story is more tragic or Pentheselia's story more tragic" and "Hector is the most heroic figure in the Iliad; evaluate this statement.".
I don't do history, but some of my peers do, and many questions are essay-based, with many for and against statements. But I only recommend this subject if you're keen to memorising key ideas and dates + small intricate details.
Is it ez rs
Is it ez rs
If you're good with speed in writing then yes, but if you take your time to write/plan everything out I would say it would be harder.
For me, I don't really think through and plough through the exam paper as we're expected 25 min for around 3-4 pages of writing.
Politics A-level sounds like it might be up your street, as well as history!
There's some elements of this in English Lit or Psychology if you're already considering them, but they're mainly based on analysis/ case studies. Best of luck deciding :smile:
Original post by Yipiyap_Brooke
Politics A-level sounds like it might be up your street, as well as history!
There's some elements of this in English Lit or Psychology if you're already considering them, but they're mainly based on analysis/ case studies. Best of luck deciding :smile:
I want the one that is the easiest like for writing it in a specific time and not memorise so much cases

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending