The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khaleel1
Oh was that the 50cm3? For that I thought you had to draw a tangent at 95 and then work out the gradient so I got 0.0025cm3

i got 0.0031 so i think there will be a large interval for the correct answer in the markscheme because the tangent can vary between people
Oh was that the 50cm3? For that I thought you had to draw a tangent at 95 and then work out the gradient so I got 0.0025cm3

I got 0.003, which is very close so i guess you're right
For the last question about why a polymer doesn't melt I said because it was a thermosetting polymer that has dlstrong crosslinks between its chains that doesn't break and so doesn't melt

yes i wrote that
Reply 23
Did u guys get the measurement for the chromotograohy paper at like 4.4 cm or something I did 3.3 something divide by 0.65
What did you write for the questions about why did newer cars have a lower percentage of carbon monoxide and why is there a cap on the percentage of unused hydrocarbons?
(edited 5 years ago)

Same 👍
Reply 26
Original post by Hamburguessa
i got 0.0031 so i think there will be a large interval for the correct answer in the markscheme because the tangent can vary between people

Yh should be fine
Did u guys get the measurement for the chromotograohy paper at like 4.4 cm or something I did 3.3 something divide by 0.65

Yup it was 3.2 but yh thats sounds right
Reply 28
Original post by Kangaroo17
Is it meant to be rounded? As in to a sig fig?

No they said do it in standard form nothing was mentioned about significant figures
Reply 29
I think I put that they are trying to limit the amount of carbon monoxide produced coz it's a pollutant
And to ensure that manufacturers don't go over the amount of carbon monoxide I'm not sure tho

same g! you've given me confidence
Original post by koala_prime
I got 0.003, which is very close so i guess you're right

they said to two signisfican figures but i got 0.0031 so you will get most marks probably

Didn’t it say 50 degrees not 50cm3 wasn’t 0.95 the volume I did 0.95/82.5 and got 0.012?
For the energy in the cups I got come thing like 6.6526x10^4

I got 6.6x10^4 because I said you can’t have 120.4.... cups so I rounded it to 120 instead and did 120x550kJ
Original post by Hydyufhyfdyu
Didn’t it say 50 degrees not 50cm3 wasn’t 0.95 the volume I did 0.95/82.5 and got 0.012?

i think you had to draw a tangent at 0.95 then work out the gradient
i think you had to draw a tangent at 0.95 then work out the gradient

Yeah, I did 0.95-0/82.5-0 cos they all start at 0
For the energy in the cups I got come thing like 6.6526x10^4

same

I thought u had to draw the tangent and use it to find the gradient of it to get the rate of reaction?
No they said do it in standard form nothing was mentioned about significant figures

the kilograms for it was given in 3 sig 1.00 so I did 3
Yeah, I did 0.95-0/82.5-0 cos they all start at 0

Tangent is on the outside of the curve so they didnt start at 0

Latest

Trending

Trending