The Student Room Group

Am I the only one not interested in the World Cup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dround87
Can you really not find a conversion about a non-football subject? Does ripping on someone else's passion make you feel good? Can you really not get in the least bit enthused about your national team playing in one of the biggest sporting events on the planet? Your arrogance and entitlement are outstanding to me. Yet another person who loves to put a downer on things (this is posted in a world cup forum after all) because they think they know better.

Yes it was a thread about not being interested in the world cup.If anyone is intruding it's you.Its not my fault it was posted in this forum.Who cares if it's the national team? Just because you happen to live on the same slice of land as somebody else is no reason to support them.Especially when this country isn't even particularly great.Certainly they are terrible at football.There are many countries that are much better than this one.How am I being arrogant? I'm merely stating my view that football is probably just below watching paint dry along the interest scale.
Original post by Robby2312
Yes it was a thread about not being interested in the world cup.If anyone is intruding it's you.Its not my fault it was posted in this forum.Who cares if it's the national team? Just because you happen to live on the same slice of land as somebody else is no reason to support them.Especially when this country isn't even particularly great.Certainly they are terrible at football.There are many countries that are much better than this one.How am I being arrogant? I'm merely stating my view that football is probably just below watching paint dry along the interest scale.

I think you're the sort of person who likes complaining about it more than you dislike hearing about it. Always one.
Reply 62
not everyone likes it so no

Remind me, who is it that's terrible at football? Enjoy the chat tommorow...
Original post by Dround87
Remind me, who is it that's terrible at football? Enjoy the chat tommorow...

They are.They haven't played a good team yet.Panama,Tunisia and Colombia who they got lucky and beat on penalties.Lets see them play Brazil or France or Argentina or Spain or Germany.Oh wait those last 3 have been knocked out.How convenient.
ngl I don't enjoy football but I've really enjoyed this year world cup just because how lucky England has been by playing the worst teams hahahaha. it's coming home
They are.They haven't played a good team yet.Panama,Tunisia and Colombia who they got lucky and beat on penalties.Lets see them play Brazil or France or Argentina or Spain or Germany.Oh wait those last 3 have been knocked out.How convenient.

Lol. Do you want some salt with that? Cracking game. Well deserved victory. Great football. Keep crying though.
Reply 67
Great football lol na man.

I think England will make the semis.

Quick Reply

Latest