The Student Room Group

For girls only-

Girls, why do you hate on yourselves so much? In my opinion, not a single girl in the world is ugly or bad looking, so why do you all complain about how you look? (also, why are girls so worried about boob size and how 'small' they are??? Smaller ones are hotter anyways)
By your opinion, your saying every girl is good looking. Well, unfortunately that is not the case in reality. Your dealt with a set of cards and you have to deal with them. Some people are luckier than others to be good looking
Not a single girl is ugly? Come on now, even you don’t believe that. There are loads of ugly men and women in the world and that’s a fact. And smaller tits being hotter is just your opinion, plenty of people don’t agree.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Not a single girl is ugly? Come on now, even you don’t believe that. There are loads of ugly men and women in the world and that’s a fact. And smaller tits being hotter is just your opinion, plenty of people don’t agree.

maybe its the fact that i just dont care about looks, just personality
Original post by panda_gamers
Girls, why do you hate on yourselves so much? In my opinion, not a single girl in the world is ugly or bad looking, so why do you all complain about how you look? (also, why are girls so worried about boob size and how 'small' they are??? Smaller ones are hotter anyways)

you preach about how you dont care about looks and then say that smaller boobs are hotter - how do you think this makes women feel who have naturally bigger boobs?
people judge themselves its a natural thing to do. i agree however that modern society places too much importance on looks and bodies - when this is not in the whole scheme of things that important - but obvs it is only natural for people to compare and judge - just dont do it publicly this hurts feelings.
Original post by Sorcerer of Old

YEs some people are blessed with more conventional good looks- but obviously only as a result of societies expectations which evolves over time. And as you say people have different ideas of what is actually deemed 'attractive'
maybe its the fact that i just dont care about looks, just personality

Despite the fact that I don’t believe this is true (that you don’t even care the tiniest bit about looks, that is, not even 0.1%) the reality is that this kind of perspective isn’t shared by the overwhelming majority of the population and wouldn’t even necessarily be healthy. For most people a very important component of a relationship is being sexually attracted to your partner, which obviously depends on looks.
Reply 7
why ? because its basically all the content we consume. a lot of female value in society is based on attractiveness. like whatever u think that is. but it's like eat this thing to be skinny ! look at all these beautiful women everywhere who r ur role models who are largely valued for their appearance ! look at how women r treated based on their appearance ! be slim thick or thick or skinny but the most important value we can have is being beautiful - or at least that's largely what we r told. obvs we r valued for other stuff but its just very very pervasive and once u notice it u realise its everywhere.
Reply 8
Original post by EllieDaysx
By your opinion, your saying every girl is good looking. Well, unfortunately that is not the case in reality. Your dealt with a set of cards and you have to deal with them. Some people are luckier than others to be good looking

Regardless, it's just how I see it. It's hard to explain. Basically, however much I like a girls personality, is how beautiful or good looking they appear to me.

I dont actively 'complain' about how I look. I would say I am just your average-looking girl, I have small boobs too. For a few years, I was always jealous of girls with bigger boobs than me, despite how they have symptoms like back pain and not even deliberately trying to show off their chest, but their clothes just won't let them. Additionaly, all boobs are great. But for me, I've always dreamed of going up a cup size. I am still young though and the body continues to develop even after puberty. I think the media and society have created this image that your chest should be big, but not too big, not saggy and a particular colour blah blah. This can put a lot of insecurity on young girls who may compare themselves to celebrities they see in social media. However as you mature, I think the worries disappear and you just learn to love your boobs no matter what they look like.

Quick Reply

Latest