The Student Room Group

anyone watch anime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ScribbleDribble
I gotta ask the real question guys. Subs OR Dubs?

Sub. Dubbed just sounds so wrong and over exaggerated. Although there are a few anime I'd prefer watching dubbed rather than subbed (e.g. DBZ)
Original post by aaelaa
I absolutely love anime! I love Shoujo ones especially. Like Kimi ni todoke, Maid sama, Toradora, Ao haru ride. If you know of any other good romance animes please let me know!! I've watched so many I'm sad I think I've ran out hahahahah

Try out Waiting in the Summer, Darling in the franxx, Wagnaria, Island
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kkboyk
Sub. Dubbed just sounds so wrong and over exaggerated. Although there are a few anime I'd prefer watching dubbed rather than subbed (e.g. DBZ)

cowboy bebop springs to mind as well
Reply 44
Original post by aaelaa
I absolutely love anime! I love Shoujo ones especially. Like Kimi ni todoke, Maid sama, Toradora, Ao haru ride. If you know of any other good romance animes please let me know!! I've watched so many I'm sad I think I've ran out hahahahah

one of my personal favourite romance animes is snow white with the red hair...as a short summary its basically about this girl (shirayuki) who has this rare red hair and whos a herbologist in her small town, but when the crown prince of tanbarun (raji) comes after her, she flees. the second prince of clarines (zen) bumps into her and they become friends. she starts working at his palace as a court herablist...and things advance from there
it also depends on what kind of romance youre looking for eg. girl x guy, guy x guy or girl x girl
Can I count films or just anime series? know a lot from the old stuff. Here are a few to recommend:

City Hunter
Lupin III
Robin Hood no daibouken
Cats Eye
Urashiman
Well I've just gotten into anime and I'm also a big fan of Ouran High School: Host Club and My Hero Academia but I've not gotten far into both of them
Reply 47
Original post by Reaperwantstodie
Well I've just gotten into anime and I'm also a big fan of Ouran High School: Host Club and My Hero Academia but I've not gotten far into both of them

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in forever! Ouran high school host club and BNHA are definitely in my top 5 favourite anime. If you're looking for more shonen animes, like sporty, I'd recommend Haikyuu, which is about volleyball, Iwatobi Swim Club, which is about swimming (obviously), Yuri On Ice, again obviously about ice skating (but is a little more romancey then the others), or Kuruoko's basketball, about basketball. If you're looking for something more like Ouran high school host club, I'd recommend kaichou wa maid-sama or fruits basket. If you're looking for something more fantasy, I'd recommend Seraph of the End, which is about vampires and the apocalypse of human kind, but it depends on how old you are as that one is rated pg 15. Noragami is one of my personal favourites because while it is very cute and touching, it's also very funny but serious at times and leaves you on the edge of your seat. Finally, if you're looking for a more sad anime, I'd recommend Your lie in april or if you're looking for a movie, a silent voice or when marnie was there. :smile: <3
At the moment I am watching Vampire Knight! :smile: and there are so many animes I am targeted, targeted to watch too. The anime Universe seems to be endless.
(edited 5 years ago)
Try Mob Psycho 100, a must watch anime series.
One Piece
Attack on Titan
Reply 51
Original post by jenniferbbelthin
One Piece
Attack on Titan

ah those are classics
my favourites are:
kaichou wa maid-sama
say "I love you"
snow white with the red hair
diabolik lovers
ouran high school host club
chihayafuru S1 &S2
Akatsuki no yona
Original post by Rowanblu
this is a place for all of you to talk and compare your favourite animes (or any animes you watch/watched)
also feel free to ask any question :biggrin:
please no hate, everyone is entitled to their opinion:smile:
personally, my favourites include:
yuri on ice (cant freaking wait for the movie)
free iwatobi swim club
haikyuu
seraph of the end
say 'i love you'
your lie in april
beyond the boundary
and i know this isn't an anime but i LOVE miraculous ladybug
Yes, we are. Got a problem with that :confused:
Anime :colondollar:
Reply 55
wow i havent been on here is so long my favourites have definitely changed

i finally got around to watching season 3 part 1 of attack on titan and it was pretty good
i also am absolutely in love with my hero academia
banana fish was an experience to watch and it now holds a special place in my heart
tusrune was beautiful (id expect nothing less from kyoto animation)
i also watched hybrid child which made me cry and hitorijime my hero which was so adorable
oh there was also school babysitters which was cute but still touching
finally the much debated darling in the franxx
i had to see what everyone was going on about
Original post by help_me_learn
my favourites are:
kaichou wa maid-sama
say "I love you"
diabolik lovers
chihayafuru S1 &S2
Akatsuki no yona
Reply 56
Ayaya?
Original post by Rowanblu
wow i havent been on here is so long my favourites have definitely changed

i finally got around to watching season 3 part 1 of attack on titan and it was pretty good
i also am absolutely in love with my hero academia
banana fish was an experience to watch and it now holds a special place in my heart
tusrune was beautiful (id expect nothing less from kyoto animation)
i also watched hybrid child which made me cry and hitorijime my hero which was so adorable
oh there was also school babysitters which was cute but still touching
finally the much debated darling in the franxx
i had to see what everyone was going on about

You may enjoy Overlord, Code Geass and Assassination Classroom :smile: (unless you've already seen them)
Reply 58
i am currently in the middle of watching assassination classroom but i will definitely check the other two out :smile:
Original post by I'm God
You may enjoy Overlord, Code Geass and Assassination Classroom :smile: (unless you've already seen them)
I LOVE Miraculous too omg!! I do feel like the fandom ruined it for me (I never knew there was a HUGE community of older teenagers who love it as intensely as I do) so that kinda made it feel less special, with everyone hyping it up and all. Season 3 has been interesting!
Anyway, here's a list of some of my favourite anime:

Clannad
Clannad After Story
Your Lie In April
A Silent Voice
Aggretsuko
Violet Evergarden
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K
Spirited Away
YURI!!! On Ice
Attack On Titan
Howl's Moving Castle