The Student Room Group

Which is your favourite animated series?

I'm a big fan of the wholesome humour in Bob's Burgers yet I'm a huge fan of the emotional writing in BoJack Horseman.

What's yours? Any recommendations?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CCCU Official
I'm a big fan of the wholesome humour in Bob's Burgers yet I'm a huge fan of the emotional writing in BoJack Horseman.

You named the TV series I like both at the least and at the most. If old cartoons and anime count too, there are a great choice I have to rack my brain. Do they count?
Original post by Kallisto
You named the TV series I like both at the least and at the most. If old cartoons and anime count too, there are a great choice I have to rack my brain. Do they count?

Absolutely they count! Which is your favourite and least favourite?
From the shows you named: Bob's Burgers the very least, and Bojack Horseman the most.

My favorite animes are Hellsing, Baccano! and Monster, my least one was Vampire Knight so far. @AngryJellyfish Don't you think so too that Vampire Knight is a bad anime?
I’ll let Sam (OP) come in on those tomorrow but for me Hunter X Hunter tops the anime list just for the ease of watching and humour. Apart from the Ant arc, that just drags!
My favorite animes are Hellsing, Baccano! and Monster, my least one was Vampire Knight so far. @AngryJellyfish Don't you think so too that Vampire Knight is a bad anime?

It's been a long time since I watched Vampire Knight, but I didn't mind it at the time. It didn't interest me enough to go and watch the sequel either, though. :dontknow:

My favourite is still also Baccano! :yep:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
It's been a long time since I watched Vampire Knight, but I didn't mind it at the time. It didn't interest me enough to go and watch the sequel either, though. :dontknow:

My favourite is still also Baccano! :yep:

Vampire Knight is an anime that does not need to rewatch. The plot was a disappointment from the first to the last episode. Let it be.

Family Guy. I just love it. I've watched it probably about 6 or so times. I actually, just finished watching it again yesterday. I'm so happy that season 22 will be on Disney+ UK on Wednesday 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
Family Guy. I just love it. I've watched it probably about 6 or so times. I actually, just finished watching it again yesterday. I'm so happy that season 22 will be on Disney+ UK on Wednesday 🙂

Family Guy is in my view as good as American Dad, so decent series for my taste. Currently I like to watch Solar Opposites.
Family Guy is in my view as good as American Dad, so decent series for my taste. Currently I like to watch Solar Opposites.

I started watching Solar Opposites, but I just couldn't get into it, I'll definitely try again. Did you know that American Dad and Family Guy were both created by Seth MacFarlane? He created American Dad because Family Guy was cancelled in 2002.
@CCCU Official
@Vyshto Andeddu

I have a recommendation for you: Ugly Americans.

Very short, pretty unknown and underrated, but very funny.
@CCCU Official
@Vyshto Andeddu

I'll give it a watch :smile:
From the shows you named: Bob's Burgers the very least, and Bojack Horseman the most.

I think Bob's Burgers is just a sweet and wholesome show! Not a great deal of substance to it like BoJack or what you would expect to see in a well written anime, but it's sweet. Sweet with no substance. Like candy floss. Who doesn't like candyfloss?
@CCCU Official
@Vyshto Andeddu

I'll check it out! Love a good Comedy Central show.
I'll check it out! Love a good Comedy Central show.

I'll give it a watch :smile:

Anyone who knows Superjail? black and wacky humor, it could be please you two. Unless you don't like violence.
Anyone who knows Superjail? black and wacky humor, it could be please you two. Unless you don't like violence.

Never heard of it, but I do like more violent shows. Where can I watch it?

My friend keeps telling me to watch this. I'll definitely check it out now.
Never heard of it, but I do like more violent shows. Where can I watch it?

Ifyou have really an avid interest in that cartoon, send me a private message and I reply to you.
- DuckTales 2017 version, maybe one of the few cases where people are saying that the remake (2017) is better than the original (1987)
- Tom and Jerry (all versions and series)
- SpongeBob
Original post by Talkative Toad
- DuckTales 2017 version, maybe one of the few cases where people are saying that the remake (2017) is better than the original (1987)
(...)

Maybe I am biased thanks to the pink glasses and the nostalgia vibes, but the original was superb - and is better than the remake. Although I confess that the 2017 version pleased me.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest