The Student Room Group
I've seen girls walking around campus who are in no way, shape or form alternative with those kind of coats. I think there are quite a few coats on the highsteet with hoods at the minute. I'm not quite sure where though, sorry! BUt the usual shops might be worth a shop and I'm pretty sure I've seen some on ebay.
Good luck!
Reply 2
goth shop?? wtf?? you're talking about a duffle coat...
I'm not really sure what you mean, but now isn't really a good time for coat shopping on the high street anyway, every shop is trying to convince us that the weather is perfect for summer dresses and flip flops...
Reply 4
I'm currently after this coat :biggrin: The lining of the hood is actually a fleecy type material, as you said your not after the parka/waterproof look

minimo is right, think you are after a duffle coat, and i'm yet to see a goth in one!

-x-
Reply 5
Ditto to above :rolleyes:.

I have a coat with a hood. In fact, i have two. I have one of those fashionable flared checked coats from Topshop. It may be flared and the wind can get through it pretty easily, but if i put a cardigan on underneath it is really toasty. It has a fleece/sheepskin inner lining, and also in the hood. the hood is pretty big though. But it's definitely warm!
Reply 6
Impossible princess
I'm not really sure what you mean, but now isn't really a good time for coat shopping on the high street anyway, every shop is trying to convince us that the weather is perfect for summer dresses and flip flops...

I dont have any summer dresses or flip flops. I get those out in august maybe :biggrin:.
I got a park style coat from Pineapple in Debenhams; Debenhams is usually my first port of call for hooded coats.
Erm, goth shops are going to have emblems on there coats i presume, so i think you'd be better off looking in next, primark, topshop, h&m, dorothy perkins, george etc.
Reply 9
Topshop always sell coats like that! May be tricky now they have summer stuff in though.
Reply 10
Belle-x
Topshop always sell coats like that! May be tricky now they have summer stuff in though.

I know. Got mine in the january sales...not the right time of year now i guess.
next?
Reply 12
if you want something that's really warm, but not so thick.. not really 3/4 length but still looks live try the SuperDry range at Cult. the jackets are around £40, score.
Reply 13
oh sorry I didnt read properly- the SuperDrys are synthetic but I'd still recommend giving them a look.
Reply 14
The type of coat that your talking about, you can get in new look,primark, debenhams etc :smile: although I don't know if any shops are selling them at the moment because as someone said above they are trying to convince us that its the time of year to wear summer dresses when its still bitter cold!
Duffle coat.
Your best looking at sale stuff if there's any still on. There was lots of coats when I was looking about the highstreet shops the other month. As everyone has said duffle coats are the best. I have a nice red one I got from Topshop with a hood a couple of winters ago.

For spring I have a leather jacket with a hood, also from Topshop. Keeps me bloody warm though.
Reply 17
h+m
Reply 18
I have a coat with a hood from Debenhams. You could look there. And definitely look in H&M and Topshop.

Latest