IBDIntern
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Anyone got started on these? and has anyone compiled a list of the companies?
Speedfile123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey!

Have Accenture and Oliver Wyman opened yet?
Fernweh47
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

I'm also interested in this thread. Currently polishing my cover letter for the MBB's as their deadline is next month but working on an excel applications sheet listing all the firms I am interested in once I finish my CL.

Accenture hasn't opened yet AFAIK. Does anyone know if their Manchester and London salaries are the same? Wouldn't make too much sense but all the info I get is that they are indeed the same
oakroys
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fernweh47)
Hi

I'm also interested in this thread. Currently polishing my cover letter for the MBB's as their deadline is next month but working on an excel applications sheet listing all the firms I am interested in once I finish my CL.

Accenture hasn't opened yet AFAIK. Does anyone know if their Manchester and London salaries are the same? Wouldn't make too much sense but all the info I get is that they are indeed the same
Manchester's starting salary for analysts appears to be £31,500 w/ a (large) signing bonus. Don't know how much the London intake are paid.
Speedfile123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Guys has Mckinsey opened yet?

Can't even find an "apply" page on their website...
Speedfile123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone know when BCG opened?
Bit late to apply now?
fulgra
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone aware of the MBB norm in terms of hiring grads - do they fill most roles from summer interns (like with banks) or are they still pretty accessible?
callmejonte
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've heard from BCG employees that if you're not from Oxbridge, you'll need a pretty high 1st to impress. Just something to keep in mind!
JoshN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Speedfile123)
Anyone know when BCG opened?
Bit late to apply now?
About a week ago
They review applications after the closing date in Oct. So you still have time
Speedfile123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JoshN)
About a week ago
They review applications after the closing date in Oct. So you still have time
Cheers!

Where'd you find the info about applications being reviewed after closing date? (Not that I don't believe you).

Have you applied to strategy at the big 4?
I've been told PwC (Strategy& ) only take on a handful of grads...
callmejonte
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone know if you can apply to Strategy& and PwC role as well?
GMCGU
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all,

I'm a last year student from McGill University (Montreal, Canada). My background is a pretty prestigious finance program for the undergrad level (get to manage $3.6mm for investors). I was wondering, how important is networking for the MBB in London, and do they only take Oxbridge people?

Thanks!
unigoer123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If anyone could answer this I'd be very grateful!

I'll be starting a graduate-level position in a Central Government department working in project delivery/PMO soon.

The role generally consists of helping to deliver projects and programmes and offers the opportunity to get qualifications like PRINCE2 for example.

At this point in my career, I want to have options available to me later on down the line.

For those who are more knowledgeable on this, is it possible to go from a project support role like this into management consulting for the public sector?

I met a few staff around my team who are consultants, some of whom started off in the civil service. Now they work at Accenture and the likes.

After working in this role for 2/3 years could I do the same and is this move common or easy to do? Excuse my possible ignorance on this topic.
fmclaughlin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My mum moved from the Government Fast Stream to Accenture after a few years of it and had a successful career in management consulting there for a long time afterward! That was obviously a while ago but I think it suggests the two lines of work match up nicely as you have seen in those around you. Hope this helps!
oakroys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone heard from Accenture?
callmejonte
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oakroys not since the online test
oakroys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by callmejonte)
oakroys not since the online test
Was this the test on the Headstart app? Also, did you receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application?
callmejonte
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oakroys)
Was this the test on the Headstart app? Also, did you receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application?
Yeah the immersive online test after the initial application, similar to the other big consulting firms. Don't think I got a confirmation email, you can just check your status on the app
oakroys
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by callmejonte)
Yeah the immersive online test after the initial application, similar to the other big consulting firms. Don't think I got a confirmation email, you can just check your status on the app
Ah, cheers. Best of luck. Which office?
callmejonte
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by oakroys)
Ah, cheers. Best of luck. Which office?
London, Management Consulting, you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (29)
19.33%
No (121)
80.67%

Watched Threads