The Student Room Group

2019 Consulting Graduate Applications

Hi,

Anyone got started on these? and has anyone compiled a list of the companies?

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

Have Accenture and Oliver Wyman opened yet?
Hi

I'm also interested in this thread. Currently polishing my cover letter for the MBB's as their deadline is next month but working on an excel applications sheet listing all the firms I am interested in once I finish my CL.

Accenture hasn't opened yet AFAIK. Does anyone know if their Manchester and London salaries are the same? Wouldn't make too much sense but all the info I get is that they are indeed the same :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Fernweh47
Hi

I'm also interested in this thread. Currently polishing my cover letter for the MBB's as their deadline is next month but working on an excel applications sheet listing all the firms I am interested in once I finish my CL.

Accenture hasn't opened yet AFAIK. Does anyone know if their Manchester and London salaries are the same? Wouldn't make too much sense but all the info I get is that they are indeed the same :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Manchester's starting salary for analysts appears to be £31,500 w/ a (large) signing bonus. Don't know how much the London intake are paid.
Guys has Mckinsey opened yet?

Can't even find an "apply" page on their website...
Anyone know when BCG opened?
Bit late to apply now?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Anyone aware of the MBB norm in terms of hiring grads - do they fill most roles from summer interns (like with banks) or are they still pretty accessible?
(edited 5 years ago)
I've heard from BCG employees that if you're not from Oxbridge, you'll need a pretty high 1st to impress. Just something to keep in mind!
Reply 8
Original post by Speedfile123
Anyone know when BCG opened?
Bit late to apply now?

About a week ago
They review applications after the closing date in Oct. So you still have time
Original post by JoshN
About a week ago
They review applications after the closing date in Oct. So you still have time

Cheers!

Where'd you find the info about applications being reviewed after closing date? (Not that I don't believe you).

Have you applied to strategy at the big 4?
I've been told PwC (Strategy& ) only take on a handful of grads...
Anyone know if you can apply to Strategy& and PwC role as well?
Reply 11
Hi all,

I'm a last year student from McGill University (Montreal, Canada). My background is a pretty prestigious finance program for the undergrad level (get to manage $3.6mm for investors). I was wondering, how important is networking for the MBB in London, and do they only take Oxbridge people?

Thanks!
If anyone could answer this I'd be very grateful!

I'll be starting a graduate-level position in a Central Government department working in project delivery/PMO soon.

The role generally consists of helping to deliver projects and programmes and offers the opportunity to get qualifications like PRINCE2 for example.

At this point in my career, I want to have options available to me later on down the line.

For those who are more knowledgeable on this, is it possible to go from a project support role like this into management consulting for the public sector?

I met a few staff around my team who are consultants, some of whom started off in the civil service. Now they work at Accenture and the likes.

After working in this role for 2/3 years could I do the same and is this move common or easy to do? Excuse my possible ignorance on this topic.
My mum moved from the Government Fast Stream to Accenture after a few years of it and had a successful career in management consulting there for a long time afterward! That was obviously a while ago but I think it suggests the two lines of work match up nicely as you have seen in those around you. Hope this helps!
Has anyone heard from Accenture?
@oakroys not since the online test
Original post by callmejonte
@oakroys not since the online test

Was this the test on the Headstart app? Also, did you receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application?
Original post by oakroys
Was this the test on the Headstart app? Also, did you receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application?

Yeah the immersive online test after the initial application, similar to the other big consulting firms. Don't think I got a confirmation email, you can just check your status on the app
Original post by callmejonte
Yeah the immersive online test after the initial application, similar to the other big consulting firms. Don't think I got a confirmation email, you can just check your status on the app

Ah, cheers. Best of luck. Which office?
Original post by oakroys
Ah, cheers. Best of luck. Which office?

London, Management Consulting, you?

Quick Reply

Latest