The Student Room Group

EY and Accenture 2019 applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torypath
I got rejected from Accenture without even getting the immersive assessments just based on my app 6 hours later even though I’ve had solid internships, a first and all A**s, numerous extracurriculars, listed all the target skills (and made it to final assessment round last year but was put on hold because they filled all positions) so I’m wondering if it was the personality quiz that was to my detriment? I’m wondering what your scores were like for that? I skewed 91 in favour of people vs task- oriented and I’m worried that nulled me. Just looking for some clarity so I know how to proceed with future apps to avoid a similar fate. Pretty gutted to be automatically rejected after I was pre-screened for a referral and they liked my cv and skills. Thanks all.

I am applying for a summer internship and I received the same outcome... I have a similar background to you (4A* grades, all A* GCSEs, lots of relevant work experience). I only had a 68 on people focussed. The whole application seems like BS, I wouldn't worry about it
Anyone else got through to the AC?
What does yours say? Did you get an email?
Original post by Surfchick97
What does yours say? Did you get an email?

Yea got an email, had to select a day so mine is next week
Congrats! what other dates did they offer for the assessment? My rejection was retracted and just got the immersive tests to sit- any advice on them? Should I practice maths or logical reasoning?

Oh nice one! There are four next week and 2 the week after but none other that that, tho they are only half day assessment centres. I did the immersive test so long ago I don't even remember but I think there was a fair bit of maths like looking at text and graphs etc.
Congrats on the assessment centre! I'm still waiting to hear back about the immersive assessment, although I did apply for the September intake so maybe that would take even longer? Do you mind sharing what you got as your top strengths and lowest strength just so I have some idea of whether I'll be receiving a rejection or not haha thanks!!
Original post by onetwothree0308
Congrats on the assessment centre! I'm still waiting to hear back about the immersive assessment, although I did apply for the September intake so maybe that would take even longer? Do you mind sharing what you got as your top strengths and lowest strength just so I have some idea of whether I'll be receiving a rejection or not haha thanks!!

Yea I imagine if you're September intake you'll be waiting a while as they're sooo slow. I think form memory my strengths were like agile worker, learner and relationship builder and my weakness was client partner...
Reply 47
Hi! I just received an email to complete Accenture's online test. Any idea what the test is like? Is it just math, verbal etc?
Original post by sg1802
Hi! I just received an email to complete Accenture's online test. Any idea what the test is like? Is it just math, verbal etc?

Yeah there's some math where you're asked to look at data (charts, graphs etc) but most of it is situational judgment! The good thing is its not timed so you can take as long as you like.
Hello! Good luck for the assessment centre!

I was wondering if your feedback report stated any weakness/less developed strengths? I didn't do so well on networking/buidling a network but high on everything else. Worried that's going to kick me out :frown:
Original post by personalgarbage

I was wondering if your feedback report stated any weakness/less developed strengths? I didn't do so well on networking/buidling a network but high on everything else. Worried that's going to kick me out :frown:

I think mine had Tech Advocate as my weakness - unsure as to what I put to make them think that! It's not really a surprise that I haven't heard back though haha....

My weakness was client partner which is pretty much the same thing and my assessment centre is tomorrow. Apparently they've shut applications today over 2 weeks early so they must have wayyyy too many applications to go through
Original post by ferrety_boy
I think mine had Tech Advocate as my weakness - unsure as to what I put to make them think that! It's not really a surprise that I haven't heard back though haha....

They're quite slow so I'm sure you'll hear back soon! I found the feedback report to be usless and not representative of what I did, and it's partly why I loathe their tests.
(Original post by BayHarborButcher)My weakness was client partner which is pretty much the same thing and my assessment centre is tomorrow. Apparently they've shut applications today over 2 weeks early so they must have wayyyy too many applications to go through

Good Luck! My boyfriend did his Accenture AC last year via Teach First (skipped online assessments), and found it quite hard during group tasks to get his voice heard, so make sure you get yours heard! Its pretty simple otherwise.

Also hope you don't mind me asking, but what were your strengths listed in the feedback report? x
(Original post by BayHarborButcher)My weakness was client partner which is pretty much the same thing and my assessment centre is tomorrow. Apparently they've shut applications today over 2 weeks early so they must have wayyyy too many applications to go through

Good Luck! My boyfriend did his Accenture AC last year via Teach First (skipped online assessments), and found it quite hard during group tasks to get his voice heard, so make sure you get yours heard! Its pretty simple otherwise.

Also hope you don't mind me asking, but what were your strengths listed in the feedback report? x

Thanks for the advice! They've actually massively changed their AC this year and I think the group exercise is now like groups of 3 or 4, which I genuinely think is a great idea for exactly the reason you said. Think they were like desire to learn, agile worker and relationship builder. Good luck in your application!
Reply 55
Good luck! How did it go with the AC and what did you think of the new format?
Anyone applying for the September 2019 intake heard back about an AC?
Original post by alex369
Good luck! How did it go with the AC and what did you think of the new format?

I attended an AC on Tuesday, and the format was good tbf. Kind of mentally exhausting because there were SO many varied tasks and assessments, but that was kind of a good thing in a way, and it defnitely wasn't boring. The VR assessment was pretty hilarious, and they were pretty good with giving us breaks in-between assessments. The group task was actually a paired one, which I think is a lot better than bigger group tasks because you're guarenteed to get your word in, and you can show off genuine communication/teamwork skills because it doesn't feel like you're competing against the person you're paired with as you're both in it together. It did sometimes feel like a lot of the questions they asked in the 1:1 interview were similar, to the point where I felt like I was just repeating myself, but eh, could be worse.

All the other candidates seemed really nice and down to earth too, which I figure is a good sign in terms of the type of people they look for and hire. It was one of those AC's where you come out of it feeling like you've got literally NO idea how well/how badly you did though!

A good experience on the whole, and one that felt relaxed and informal despite the crazy amount of nerves, which helps :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you so much for this! I have mine upcoming so this was truly great insight :smile:

Hello there, could I kindly ask you which intake did you apply for?
I have applied for the Sep intake and nothing has got back to me. It is been like 1.5 months.

Thank you in advance!
Hey! I applied for the sept intake and applied about a month ago and did the immersive assessment last Tuesday! Heard back this Thursday! So about 7 working days! Have you tried emailing them to ask? I think I got a lot luckier than most people who’ve waited a long time!

Wow, that was so smooth. Congrats!!! I emailed them and they said that they will try to get back to everyone asap.
Thank you so much! Good luck with your AC!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending