The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Abertay University applicants 2019!

Hi! I couldn’t find a thread for Abertay 2019.

If you have applied to any courses at Abertay, please comment. It’d be nice to chat :smile:

I applied for Criminology (bachelor’s)

I also sent an application to Stirling and Edinburgh Napier :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
Course: psychology or psychology/ counselling
Other unis: Stirling, Dundee, St Andrews
I’ve received a conditional offer from Abertay. Waiting to hear from the rest.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Hey! I've been waiting for this thread to appear :u:

Course: BA Computer Arts
Other unis: Bournemouth (conditional), Hertfordshire, De Montfort, Edinburgh

The portfolio is due at the end of the month so I'm kinda stressed right now :P This course is my first choice so I really hope they like it!!

Also, if there are any other Computer Arts applicants here, I'd love to chat! :h:
Reply 3
Hey there!

Courses: Computer Arts/Game Design and Production
Other unis: It's literally Abertay or I'm staying in Italy haha

Just got a conditional for game design, but I still want to try getting into computer arts!

p.s. Dundee is beautiful af
An unconditional offer for Mental Health Nursing. Also a mature student at 46
Hi, I also applied for Criminology at abertay!
Reply 6
Original post by Vadnyl
Hey! I've been waiting for this thread to appear :u:

Other unis: Bournemouth (conditional), Hertfordshire, De Montfort, Edinburgh

The portfolio is due at the end of the month so I'm kinda stressed right now :P This course is my first choice so I really hope they like it!!

Also, if there are any other Computer Arts applicants here, I'd love to chat! :h:

Update: I got in!!!
It's a conditional offer but I'm certain I'll meet the requirements. Can't wait!
Hiiii!
Other Unis: Edinburgh and Glasgow

I managed to get an unconditional offer into Abertay ahh! @Vadnyl I really hope you meet the requirements so we can deffo be in the same course together :h:

I'd love to meet anyone else who plans to go to Abertay too :cool:
Reply 8
Original post by AlishaQurban
Hiiii!

I managed to get an unconditional offer into Abertay ahh! @Vadnyl I really hope you meet the requirements so we can deffo be in the same course together :h:

Congrats on your unconditional! That's awesome!
Oh I'll meet them for sure, and since this course is my first choice I'll definitely be there in September. See you there :h:
Hi I'm Rachel from just outside Glasgow I'm 18. I applied for bsc biomedical science year two and have a conditional offer. Anyone else going into year two or studying biomedical science hmu :smile: I am studying at college currently and have a conditional for abertay and Edinburgh napier and I'm waiting to hear from Dundee and Glasgow cali. Abertay is my top choice though 👌
Original post by Barry Moir
An unconditional offer for Mental Health Nursing. Also a mature student at 46

Another mature student over here, although my offer is for Law.
Hi, so glad i found the 2019 applicants thread!

Course: Ethical hacking
Other unis: Napier, RGU, Glasgow Caledonian
i got a conditional offer but i’m sure i’ll meet the requirements. not sure if i’m putting abertay as my first or insurance choice.
should we make a chat on something else for abertay applicants?
Hello! I'm a student from Spain :smile:

I have received an unconditional offer for Psychology and Counselling, I want to accept it but I'm not sure if I should wait until I hear from my other choices. (UWS and Stirling)
Original post by AlishaQurban
Hiiii!

I've also got an unconditional offer! Have you accepted it yet? I'm a bit nervous since I've read horror stories about unis changing their offer
hi there,I'm from Spain

I've received a conditional offer for Ethical Hacking. Abertay is my first choice.
Anyone applying for accommodation at Lyon Street?
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Anyone applying for accommodation at Lyon Street?

I’m gonna try get one at Parker House, all the accommodations are really close
Original post by Karxnaxx
I’m gonna try get one at Parker House, all the accommodations are really close

Parker House is probably the nicest and is one of the closest ones. I'm going with Lyon Street just because of affordability and I'm also considering getting a car cos I'm from Glasgow and Lyon Street has parking, but mainly the cost is the reason as I'm not getting a loan x
Original post by gw07mcgheerachel
Parker House is probably the nicest and is one of the closest ones. I'm going with Lyon Street just because of affordability and I'm also considering getting a car cos I'm from Glasgow and Lyon Street has parking, but mainly the cost is the reason as I'm not getting a loan x

that’s a good idea, i’m just gonna get a loan and that actually pays for my accommodation which is one thing i won’t have to worry about
Original post by Karxnaxx
that’s a good idea, i’m just gonna get a loan and that actually pays for my accommodation which is one thing i won’t have to worry about

That's good then. Parker House is really great x

Quick Reply

Latest