The Student Room Group

Can I crash higher english in s6

I need AABB highers to get into my uni course, I am confident I can get AAB with Biology, Computer Science and Music. I want to take English but I'm not certain I can get a B in it so I am considering crashing it in s6 and taking another higher I would be better at. My question would be; Is this a reasonable idea, and will it discount the higher if it is not in s5?

Thanks, sorry!
Original post by nat5gamersupreme
I need AABB highers to get into my uni course, I am confident I can get AAB with Biology, Computer Science and Music. I want to take English but I'm not certain I can get a B in it so I am considering crashing it in s6 and taking another higher I would be better at. My question would be; Is this a reasonable idea, and will it discount the higher if it is not in s5?

Thanks, sorry!

I’m presuming your in S4? Well, take highers that you like and could realistically see yourself doing well in. Is higher English a requirement for your course? If not, I’d recommend crashing in S6. Cause, if you do really well in your highers in S5, you’ll likely get unconditionals in S6. So even if you don’t do well in higher english in S6 at least you don’t have to pressure of not meeting your entry requirements. What’s the course and which uni?
(edited 12 months ago)
Computer science at Abertay - https://www.abertay.ac.uk/course-search/undergraduate/computing/

From what I can tell they don't require Higher English.

Also yes I am S4 should have specified ahah!
Original post by dorkpop2000
I’m presuming your in S4? Well, take highers that you like and could realistically see yourself doing well in. Is higher English a requirement for your course? If not, I’d recommend crashing in S6. Cause, if you do really well in your highers in S5, you’ll likely get unconditionals in S6. So even if you don’t do well in higher english in S6 at least you don’t have to pressure of not meeting your entry requirements. What’s the course and which uni?
Original post by nat5gamersupreme
Computer science at Abertay - https://www.abertay.ac.uk/course-search/undergraduate/computing/

From what I can tell they don't require Higher English.

Also yes I am S4 should have specified ahah!

That’s ok. For S5, I’d recommend you take Biology, Computing Science, Music and another higher subject you could see yourself getting a good grade in (and enjoy). Don’t take English if there’s a risk you will not do well in it S5. Say you take english in S5 and get AABC instead, you can still apply to Abertay in s6 but it would most likely be a conditional offer, then you’ll have to focus on meeting your offer. BUT say you get AABB or better in S5 then you’ll get an unconditional offer in S6, meaning you have already met or exceeded the entry requirements and the uni will take you in NO MATTER WHAT. That will put off a lot of pressure in S6, you can take higher english and even if you don’t do well there’s no pressure. That’s why highers are so important, doing well in them in S5 really makes S6 more chill.
Thank you a lot!!! :smile:

Original post by dorkpop2000
That’s ok. For S5, I’d recommend you take Biology, Computing Science, Music and another higher subject you could see yourself getting a good grade in (and enjoy). Don’t take English if there’s a risk you will not do well in it S5. Say you take english in S5 and get AABC instead, you can still apply to Abertay in s6 but it would most likely be a conditional offer, then you’ll have to focus on meeting your offer. BUT say you get AABB or better in S5 then you’ll get an unconditional offer in S6, meaning you have already met or exceeded the entry requirements and the uni will take you in NO MATTER WHAT. That will put off a lot of pressure in S6, you can take higher english and even if you don’t do well there’s no pressure. That’s why highers are so important, doing well in them in S5 really makes S6 more chill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending