The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Student - Happy to answer questions

Hi everyone,

Currently a second year student at Brunel University London. Happy to answer any questions to prospective students, as I know pages like this really helped me decide a couple of years ago!
Looking to apply for the Video Games and Creative Writing course at Brunel, currently being in year 12. I don’t know too much yet, I haven’t been to the campus. What’s it like there?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by LexiKristen
Looking to apply for the Video Games and Creative Writing course at Brunel, currently being in year 12. I don’t know too much yet, I haven’t been to the campus. What’s it like there?

Hi,
Firstly I've heard very good things about that course, particuarly about the creative writing department. The campus is quite a compact campus, so everything is very close. 24/7 Library, couple of small shops, a few cafes, multiple food outlets etc. 5 minute bus journey/ 15 minute walk to campus from Uxbridge. All accomodation is on campus and very reasonably priced if you're looking to move away from home. Fantastic sports facilities and an on campus bar and nightclub with events running almost every day of the week.
Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by JimAndWilson
Hi,
Firstly I've heard very good things about that course, particuarly about the creative writing department. The campus is quite a compact campus, so everything is very close. 24/7 Library, couple of small shops, a few cafes, multiple food outlets etc. 5 minute bus journey/ 15 minute walk to campus from Uxbridge. All accomodation is on campus and very reasonably priced if you're looking to move away from home. Fantastic sports facilities and an on campus bar and nightclub with events running almost every day of the week.
Hope this helped :smile:

Thanks for the response :smile:
It sounds cool. I’m looking at places like Huddersfield and Staffordshire too, so Brunel is one on the list. I haven’t been to any open days, looking to do that soon to see what it’s liek. People say you gotta see the place first before making a choice.

Did you go to university with any friends? Did you find making friends easy?
It sounds cool. I’m looking at places like Huddersfield and Staffordshire too, so Brunel is one on the list. I haven’t been to any open days, looking to do that soon to see what it’s liek. People say you gotta see the place first before making a choice.

Yeah I would definitely recommend going to an open day. They usually give you a really good feel of the uni. I didn't go to uni with any friends but making friends was super easy, everybody is in the same situation in first year so were all very eager to make friends. Halls were very sociable and societies are a great way to meet likeminded people. Making friends in lectures is also quite easy and very helpful if you miss one as they can send you the notes!
Thinking about studying economics here. Any idea of what that may be like etc
Original post by 8Greenorange
Thinking about studying economics here. Any idea of what that may be like etc

The economics department has got quite a good reputation from what i've heard. There is also an option to do a placement year for a lot of subjects, including economics, which if you do one can really set you apart from other graduates. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Hi @LexiKristen

We just noticed you'd mentioned us so just wanted to say we're here if you have any questions about Staffs at all :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Reply 8
Hey,
I have been accepted for an interview for product design engineering and I was wondering what to expect and what are the chances of getting an unconditional?
Many thanks :smile:
Original post by l3xi
Hey,
I have been accepted for an interview for product design engineering and I was wondering what to expect and what are the chances of getting an unconditional?
Many thanks :smile:

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply! Firstly, congratulations! A general rule most of the time at university interviews they are not looking for you to be super knowledgeable, but more for you to show a real passion for the subject. Interviews are usually quite informal and definitely not something to be scared of. Make sure to prepare a few questions beforehand to ask at the end, general questions about avergage amount of contact hours, exam/ coursework balance etc always go down quite well. Unconditionals are not as common as they used to be as they are becoming quite controversial but it's definitely not impossible to get one! But don't worry if you don't get an unconditional, sometimes you'll get offered lower grade boundaries, but it is really individual specific so I wouldn't want to be too specific on what might happen.
Hope this was some help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending