The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology(Conversion) online (2023-24)

Is there anybody out there who has completed their MSc Psychology (conversion) online from Brunel University?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have applied for the jan 24 intake at brunel
Reply 2
Hi - I've applied too! Has anyone heard if they were successful? I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences of the course and also how people will study (full-time/ part-time etc)
Reply 3
I just been accepted for jan 24 intake online full time
Reply 4
Original post by sydaal
I just been accepted for jan 24 intake online full time

That's excellent - well done! I only submitted my application this morning so I assume it might take a while. They told me the start date was something like the 7th Jan so interesting you have 24th down. Or is it that the first two weeks are an introduction but assessed modules have not started yet?
Reply 5
Original post by Camb_girl
That's excellent - well done! I only submitted my application this morning so I assume it might take a while. They told me the start date was something like the 7th Jan so interesting you have 24th down. Or is it that the first two weeks are an introduction but assessed modules have not started yet?

Oh sorry I meant jan 2024. Start date is 8th jan
Reply 6
I did my app yesterday and got the acceptance unconditional today so it will all work out for you very soon …. Not sure how online will work as I won’t be able to travel to lecture ms coz I residing in Cambridgeshire… :smile:
Reply 7
That's very helpful to know - thank you!
Reply 8
Hi - I've applied too! Has anyone heard if they were successful? I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences of the course and also how people will study (full-time/ part-time etc)

I spoke with one of the current student. He was helpful in answering my doubts. The course is intense (like a regular course),two modules will be taught in a week and there will be a lot of assignments and you can join a watsapp group to interact with other peers.

Goodluck :smile:
Reply 9
What is your background if I may ask?
Reply 10
Original post by Miss_AG
I spoke with one of the current student. He was helpful in answering my doubts. The course is intense (like a regular course),two modules will be taught in a week and there will be a lot of assignments and you can join a watsapp group to interact with other peers.

In terms of assignments how many are there, I was told 8 core modules and one assignments every 7 weeks
Reply 11
Original post by Miss_AG
What is your background if I may ask?

I’m a EWP and have 15 yrs of work experience in addiction therapy and criminal justice
Reply 12
I am starting the course in January 2024. I am currently a public health scientist. Looking forward to starting at Brunel very soon!
Reply 13
Original post by Miss_AG

Will you be starting in Jan 2024? Thanks for the information 🙂
Reply 14
Aye! I have requested for a deferral (jan’24)… please let me know if you or other in this threads would like to connect over social media/ email… it would nice to have study buddies or maybe we could do a video chat about mental health… hehe
Reply 15
Hmmm…. Very interesting… Goodluck,

I am starting the course in January 2024. I am currently a public health scientist. Looking forward to starting at Brunel very soon!
Reply 16
Ah! I see… it would lovely to connect with you online.

Original post by sydaal
I’m a EWP and have 15 yrs of work experience in addiction therapy and criminal justice
Reply 17
Have either of you heard from Brunel since your offer letter was sent?
Reply 18
Original post by Miss_AG
Is there anybody out there who has completed their MSc Psychology (conversion) online from Brunel University?

Sorry for the late response. I am a current student in Brunel's Msc Psychology Conversion Online from 2022 intake. Welcome to ask me whatever you want to know about this program.
Reply 19
Original post by Miss_AG

Just to clarify a bit. The course is not that intense. There is only one assignment per module which is a 1500 words essay most of the time. No whatsapp group is needed at all. The tutors and lecturers are responsive in replying our questions via email or the online discussion forum. They are very experienced in running this course and instructions given are always clear enough. Good luck to your journey in studying Brunel.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest