The Student Room Group

Child nursing intake 2023

Anyone applying for child nursing September 2023?

Scroll to see replies

Me! Have you already applied for your uni’s now? What uni’s are you choosing?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by AbiKeth01

Suffolk - what about you?
Hi yes I’ve applied for child nursing just waiting for decisions to be made
Original post by HayleyM87
Anyone applying for child nursing September 2023?

Hi yes I’ve applied for child nursing just waiting for decisions from unis
Original post by AbiKeth01

I’ve chosen Brunel, University of West London, Kingston University, Bucks and LSBU how about you?
I have an online interview for children’s nursing with Northumbria University on 13th Dec. Has anyone already had an interview ? Any advice would be appreciated 😃
i did my interview for brunel for child nursing yesterday and got an offer this morning!

Original post by Hxoxo786
I’ve chosen Brunel, University of West London, Kingston University, Bucks and LSBU how about you?
hey, congurats,

I am trying to apply for child nursing as well, I am really not good in the interviews, any advice on how you passed your interview would be good?

Thank you,
Fatima Mashal
Original post by hanannnn
i did my interview for brunel for child nursing yesterday and got an offer this morning!
Original post by Fatimamashal306
hey, congurats,

I am trying to apply for child nursing as well, I am really not good in the interviews, any advice on how you passed your interview would be good?

Thank you,
Fatima Mashal

hey!

my first tip would be showing your listening throughout the whole interview keep nodding! also practice answers in the mirror out loud so you get used to making eye contact and speaking coherently. show that you're confident and eager to study at their uni. I can give you some practice questions if you'd like. lemme know!!
hey!

my first tip would be showing your listening throughout the whole interview keep nodding! also practice answers in the mirror out loud so you get used to making eye contact and speaking coherently. show that you're confident and eager to study at their uni. I can give you some practice questions if you'd like. lemme know!!

Yes, please that would be helpful. I appreciate it.
Original post by Fatimamashal306
Yes, please that would be helpful. I appreciate it.

here are some of the questions i prepared: (not all of these came up in my interview)

why do you want to be a childs nurse?
what are the roles and responsibilities of a nurse?
what are the 6cs?
what does the NMC do?
what is the NMC code of practice?
what qualities should a nurse have?
what strengths do you have that will help you deal with all the work involved in child nursing?
what have you done to prepare yourself for a nursing degree?
why have you chosen this university?

then they might have a scenario/role play question
and usually at the end they'll ask you if you have any questions, make sure you ask something!
Original post by Hxoxo786
I’ve chosen Brunel, University of West London, Kingston University, Bucks and LSBU how

Oh wow! I have three of the same :smile: good luckk

Hello congratulations, thats amazing!
I have my interview for brunel next week, what was the interview like? Was it the group and solo interview that are 10 minutes? Was it a selection day on campus? Did you have to do a maths and English test?

(Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I just really wanna prepare myself since it is my first university interview 😅)
Original post by mara0205
Oh wow! I have three of the same :smile: good luckk

Hello congratulations, thats amazing!
I have my interview for brunel next week, what was the interview like? Was it the group and solo interview that are 10 minutes? Was it a selection day on campus? Did you have to do a maths and English test?

(Sorry for the bombardment of questions, I just really wanna prepare myself since it is my first university interview 😅)

hey! no worries i dont mind questions im happy to help it was my first interview too!
the interview all together was pretty good everyone was so sweet i made friends with everyone there. yes i had a group and individual interview which were both strictly 10 minutes and it was the selection day! no maths or english test thank god. in the individual interview it was me, the lead of child nursing, a nhs service user and one of the clinical skills teachers. it might seem overwhelming but everyone was so so nice i definitely panicked for no reason haha.

i wish you all the best good luck
That sounds great, omg I'm so happy for you!
It sounds like you did well :smile:
Thank you so much! Was the interview alright then? Were the two interviews spaced out or were they one after the other?
That sounds great, omg I'm so happy for you!
It sounds like you did well :smile:
Thank you so much! Was the interview alright then? Were the two interviews spaced out or were they one after the other?

haha thank you so much!

im not really sure bc i was called first out of the group to go do my individual so i left before any of the other students went in but i would assume that they were one after the other. also 2 interviews are held simultaneously in different rooms so be aware of that. in total there were only 8 of us so they did the group interview with all of us. also bring some form of ID they didn't mention it in the email but they asked for it before our individual interviews
Ahhh I see I see, thank you I really appreciate the help! I'm sure you did great!!
Were questions tough for any of the interviews?
OH RIGHT I forgot, do they go straight into interviews or was the whole day a bit longer than just doing the interviews?
(edited 1 year ago)
Ahhh I see I see, thank you I really appreciate the help! I'm sure you did great!!
Were questions tough for any of the interviews?

there was one i struggled to answer it was something like how have you prepared physically and academically to do this degree? its not necessarily hard but i was just caught a little off guard bc i wasn't prepared for it
OH RIGHT I forgot, do they go straight into interviews or was the whole day a bit longer than just doing the interviews?

mine was supposed to start at 12 but we started at like 12:30 they did a campus tour and gave us lunch then a presentation. after that they started on the group and the individual. i was there for about 2h 30

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending