The Student Room Group

Physics

The answer is E. Can somebody please help me answer this?

22.PNG
I get really confused by Cd, lux and lumen - sorry.
I found on the internet (wonderful thing!) that lux = Cd / distance squared, so that's why the answer's E.
Do you have notes to help explain Cd, lux and lumen?
Reply 2
Original post by old_teach
I get really confused by Cd, lux and lumen - sorry.
I found on the internet (wonderful thing!) that lux = Cd / distance squared, so that's why the answer's E.
Do you have notes to help explain Cd, lux and lumen?

Hi, thanks for your reply:smile:Can you please help me with this one too?

Unsharpness of X ray image cannot induce?
ans: beta rays, gamma rays

Not sure what they mean.

Here it is (the notes:
23.PNG
Reply 3
Ah I just realised teh attachment is really small
(edited 5 years ago)
Not sure this makes sense as a question! "Unsharpness of X ray image cannot induce?"
Reply 5
24.PNG
Not sure why it does this when i try and attach the file :/
Reply 6
Not sure this makes sense as a question! "Unsharpness of X ray image cannot induce?"

Yes, i don't understand that either - I guess Ill just leave that one caused it is worded really badly. But thanks a lot for helping

it isn't letting me attach my notes for some reason:frown:
Sorry - there's lots of stuff about lumen and lux and solid angle and loads of confusing stuff, and it just confuses me! I hope you don't have to learn it all! I've done physics for many years and never got my head around it. There's always a chance a younger expert may post an explanation!
Reply 8
Sorry - there's lots of stuff about lumen and lux and solid angle and loads of confusing stuff, and it just confuses me! I hope you don't have to learn it all! I've done physics for many years and never got my head around it. There's always a chance a younger expert may post an explanation!

No worries at all! Thank you very much for your help!:smile:
Reply 9
The intensity of light is inversely proportional to the distance squared. So you take the initial brightness and divide by the square of the distance
Reply 10
Original post by Sinnoh
The intensity of light is inversely proportional to the distance squared. So you take the initial brightness and divide by the square of the distance

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest