The Student Room Group
Reply 1
im doing OCR 21st Century Science...dont get which biology your meaning but i think the chemistry one your talking bout is C5? Hope that kinda helps
Reply 2
for tomorrow
do b1 and b2 - the vaccinations and stuff.
What are you talking about? The pre-release stuff isn't in a 'unit', it's for a seperate test called 'Ideas about Science' (or Ideas in Context, something like that).
Reply 4
yeah and that exam is tomorrow and the pre release topic is taken from another unit that we've studied.. it's one of the earlier ones I think, just flick through your textbook :smile:
Reply 5
Biology is B2 and I think Chemistry is C4. Hope that helps.
Reply 6
yeahh like remember physics?
they asked crap on radiation, which was from a previous unit, p3 i think?
so i bet they ask questions on vaccinations
Reply 7
What's everyone doing for revision for the pre-seen material then?

On the chemsitry one - about tufa towers - what I find confusing is that it seems the water evaporates leaving salt crystals which then dissolve in the water to form ions and then the calcium and carbonate ions bond. However, what I'm unsure about is whether they bond inside the water or whether it's outside? Anyone help?
Reply 8
danhirons
What's everyone doing for revision for the pre-seen material then?

On the chemsitry one - about tufa towers - what I find confusing is that it seems the water evaporates leaving salt crystals which then dissolve in the water to form ions and then the calcium and carbonate ions bond. However, what I'm unsure about is whether they bond inside the water or whether it's outside? Anyone help?

i am pretty sure they bond inside the water, and then the water level drops which leaves the crytals on the side of the lake

had anyone looked at the specimin materail?
Reply 9
Yeah I just realised that thanks. The calcium carbonate is a precipate - a solid which forms inside the solution.
What's the formula for calcium carbonate?
Just did B7+Ideas, I'm not amazingly happy with how it went, I think I could have done better, could of gone worse though I guess :smile:
Reply 12
OMG.
it wasnt a fakin synoptic!
so why was there that ethane question!
jesus!
ahhhhhhh

Latest