The Student Room Group

PSO

Well after having navigated the selection process sucessfully for PSO last year..was offered 13.10.18, subject to pre employment checks, my offer was withdrawn..When I wrote and asked why..they said it was due to having an IVA. Now, early on in the process, I sought clarification from the Probation Officer Union, who confirmed, as long as disclosed, not an issue! Imagine my devastation when SSCL confirmed this was the reason for failing vetting. They said that because I had or had had financial issues, then I could be subject to bribery or blackmail working in a prison setting.This doesn't make sense, there are NO financial issues and my integrity is beyond reproach. The union were happy to intervene on my behalf as they thought it was ludicrous..but they have come up against so much red tape..still ongoing. Beggers belief!
Original post by Monkey6999
Well after having navigated the selection process sucessfully for PSO last year..was offered 13.10.18, subject to pre employment checks, my offer was withdrawn..When I wrote and asked why..they said it was due to having an IVA. Now, early on in the process, I sought clarification from the Probation Officer Union, who confirmed, as long as disclosed, not an issue! Imagine my devastation when SSCL confirmed this was the reason for failing vetting. They said that because I had or had had financial issues, then I could be subject to bribery or blackmail working in a prison setting.This doesn't make sense, there are NO financial issues and my integrity is beyond reproach. The union were happy to intervene on my behalf as they thought it was ludicrous..but they have come up against so much red tape..still ongoing. Beggers belief!

Real long shot here, what happened in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending